
As I was at our Relief Society Birthday Celebration tonight I noticed in the far corner of the pocket of my apron which my Grandma had sent me this week, there was a slip of paper. I pulled it out thinking it was garbage and noticed the smallest, smallest little blue envelope with "Lacey" barely able to fit on the outside. I opened the envelope to find in my Grandma's handwriting, "You are loved by so many. I am proud to be your Grandma. Much love. " I know that I am most certainly not her only grandchild to recieve such a note- a glimpse of her heart. And I know that the many is really not too many. But in my own moments of all too often feeling pretty mediocre and drab and sometimes unimportant being "just a mom" she reminded me that I was her grandaughter first. That she sees me in such tenderness is quite poignant- isn't that how I feel about my own children? It is. And it was nice to remember and feel the pride and love of someone that has been so important in my life. I will try harder to remember that and not be so easily discouraged. I will treasure this little note from her always.

8 comments:
I love your grandma. I love her handywork as well. Beautiful apron for a beautiful person. You deserve that teeny tiny note and maybe it's so tiny so you can always carry it around with you in your pocket.
Sometimes the best part of the gift/package is the little note or card that accompanies it!
What a sweet treat! I know how much you love and admire your grandma - she's pretty lucky to have you as well!
Your Grandma is just verbalizing how everyone feels about you! You are an amazing example and so full of love and compassion. It is always good to hear that from those we love and admire as well--always a good pick me up. How sweet.
What a touching story. It's always a blessing to receive such kind notes, but to get them as a suprise makes them even more tender.
You are amazing. You can see after getting a little peek about your grandmother, the apple didn't fall far from the tree!
That's really cool. I never knew any of my grandparents. It is nice to have such sweet memories.
and Lacey, you've touched me, and I hope you know that you are loved by me.
I needed a break, but I missed reading your sweet blog!
this is the first time I have had this cute little box show up so I could make a comment. You are an amazing writer. reading your bloggs makes me lonesome for the time when I had a house full of little ones. Reading all your special note always fills my heart with thankfullness that you found my son and you are the heart of his home. I never worry about my sweet Kentucky family. Yes I pray for your health and safety but I know the spirit permeates your home. This is all a grandmother could ask for. I love you Lacey (oh and tell Ryan I was very impressed with his igloo)
Post a Comment