I've gone to bed thinking.
-I need to sort through all the totes of kids clothes. Must purge. I will not haul those around anymore.
-My house needs a deep cleaning. I'm always behind. I had a dream a potential buyer didn't like the house because the kitchen cabinets weren't clean.
-Get the fall bulbs planted. Because they bloom in the spring- and I think they will add some curbside appeal.
But instead of dealing with any of the above. It's been Fall Break. And I have been alone on the home front day and night. All-the-long-week.
Monday- to the Zoo
Tuesday- to the Newport Aquarium in Cincinnati. I went in the afternoon, planning on less of a crowd. Don't you know it, but we pulled up right behind the arrival of the Senior Citizens Greyhound bus. Tanner asked,"where did all the grandma's come from?" We waited our turn for the heavily used elevator, we with our double stroller and they with their wheelchairs.
Wednesday- Costume prep. (Can I call it crap prep?) And finally the doctor was in. We took hot chocolate and sugar cookies over to the Spook Alley off of Zorn in the evening.
Thursday- Back to the Zoo for the Halloween Party, costumes and all.
Friday- Harry Potter movies at home and then to the Art Museum at UofL to the kid area.
I love my kids. My baby is not nursing very well this week- I think I have been on the go too much. I stood on campus today at the Art Museum and watched all the coeds walk around and thought- man those were the days. I could eat by myself and read a book and there was calm, maybe a lot of uncertainty, but calm. Yet, I know I was working then to get to this point today. To be home with my 4 kids. To be married to someone that tells me "you're doing fine." when I feel deflated. They don't seem to care too much about the purging and cleaning and fall bulbs.

8 comments:
You are not always behind - you are always ahead of the game, leading your kiddos and giving them great memories and opportunities! I want to move close to you so I can hang out and do all those fun activities!
Oh Lacey--if you REALLY knew what a really great job you're doing as a Mom and wife--oh and also as a daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend, neighbor--did I miss anything? The high demand from all the little people in your life will fade--slowly. You will sooner than you know have lots of quiet time--to reflect on all those sweet memories you're making now.
Lacey your kids look like they love their costumes. I bet they can't wait until Friday. You reminded me that I also have a bunch of bulbs to plant......thx
Those were the days! I wasn't at UT State for long, but I loved every moment of it. The good and the bad. I don't regret any of it. I can picture you right now working upstairs in the Student Center and Natalie, Katie, and I would come bug you and try to get you to leave with us. You were definitely the most responsible one of the 4 of us.
Maybe it's the weather, but like you I've been writing "to do" lists in my head like crazy lately. I think as Mom's we expect too much of ourselves, but really how do you change that??? Let me know when you find the answer :)
Lacey- I think about that couple that lost their little girl to choking on an apple all the time now. You told me "Nothing really matters except the love and time you give your kids. How grateful I have been for that advise. Hmmmm...somtimes I use it as an excuse to avoid the work! :) I love your kids picutres...I miss them! Izabelle would LOVE Emma!
Slow down! If I made it to the Zoo once in a week with no other activities outside the home, I would feel pretty good. You are setting the bar way too high for the rest of us. I can't read your blog anymore. It depresses me to see how much another mother of 4 kids can accomplish. And here I find myself blogging. Hmmm...
i think of "those" days too. but WOW you are an amazing woman, in every aspect. your kids and hubby just remind you that all of that "stuff" can really wait,and when we do we can enjoy what's around us and the "stuff" will still be there. I know that is the problem because I face that too. Just remember, don't be so hard on yourself!! enjoy the journey! if you go to my blog & click on kris & lindsay she wrote a great post on something similar to this and she also added another one of our friends posts that talked about the same thing...if you have time (do we ever?!?!) take a peek and read. it will uplift you, i promise ;) love ya!
I love these costumes!!! BUT I LOVE AND MISS ALL OF YOU EVEN MORE
Post a Comment