Remember my post on the Inteligender Test? And how mine came out blue. For a boy.
I just KNEW it. And I believed it. The test said so.
I called this baby a boy. I told everyone without thinking twice, "Oh, we're having our 4th boy!"
I had his name decided. (I told Ryan it was a name I always liked, for each boy pregnancy, and that ------ was his name- way to have his participation huh?)
I thought of the future boys dorm room. I would catch myself mourning for Emma- that she would not have a sister. I would think, maybe I could talk Ryan into "one more go". But oh the idea- I already feel so so tired! And busy. Let alone guaranteeing a girl is like 50/50 still right? And 5 is full and I am not officially even there yet.
I had my 20 week/5 day scan today. The OB spent an entire hour on the exam. I was impressed with his time and detail and he was discussing weird body words with Ryan. The last couple minutes or so he started the scan toward the bottom of the baby. I told him I knew it was a boy. Ryan, always the health skeptic, mentioned I'd taken that test. The doctor laughed. Studied. I thought "dang, I've never had a boy baby's parts seem so hidden!"
The outcome. Per the doctor, who says he's never been wrong in all his years of experience, "You want the good or bad news?" He kept studying. Then said, "The bad news is, you wasted your money on that test." The good? Let Emma tell you:
I was shocked to wordlessness. I could never have been more surprised. I teared up. Ryan teared up for me. 3 little lines as proof.
Oh, and the most important part, of course. She looks perfect.

(ps- my sil Cari was right. She had a dream. Ryan says she needs to dream us up lotto winning numbers.)

32 comments:
You have got to be kidding!! That is so CRAZY! So, so, so exciting, and so happy that Emma will have a sister...every girl needs at least one of those! Congrats!
Yay!!! So happy for you guys! Now Emma will have a little sister to play dress-up with! And so glad to hear that everything looks healthy and normal. I don't think your news could get any better! :-)
Congrats Emma (and the rest of you too!). Every girl needs a sister!
Oh my GOODNESS! I started tearing up at her sweet face! Lay on more of that icing for ME....cause probably, odds are this next one will be another sweet piece of CAKE. :)
Yeah!!!!! I'll get to work on bows and headbands asap.
Your Emma is so sweet!! I know that she would love a boy baby just as much as a girl baby. But there is something so special about sisters... I am so excited!!
Aww, I started tearing up too! Congratulations. We're hoping to join the girls club in about 9 months ;)
Oh, Emma's response was just precious! So happy for you guys!!!
WaHooo!
Yep, Emma got her sister... every girl needs a sister.
So happy for you guys and so glad that she is looking healthy!
So happy for you!!
Oh Lacey! That's perfect! Just think of the possibilities! And Emma will be the perfect big sister. Now to pull out the girl names that have been tucked way back in your mind.
Oh I am so excited for you (and emma!)!! Yay for girls! So glad the test was wrong :)
I love it! The Williams needed one more little girl. As you know the clip made me a little emotional, I can't wait to see what she looks like. Congrats!
I love it! The Williams needed one more little girl. As you know the clip made me a little emotional, I can't wait to see what she looks like. Congrats!
Lacey - this is awesome news! I never believe in those home tests and this just confirms that!!! So happy for Emma. So happy for you. She's one lucky girl.
Ahhhh I love it! Emma is so cute, contrats
Why does everything make me cry? You guys (especially you mama) needed that girl. A boy would have been awesome, but a girl is complete.
oh... I get to make a girly baby gift!!! (I'm so selfish aren't i?:) Seems like everyone was having boys for a while...
CONGRATULATIONS!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I could not be happier for you!!!
When's the official due date??? You must be due close to my sister, she is due July 30th...
I teared up too!! I watched the video 4 times!!! LACEY!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!! I am so exited! Heavenly father really does know the desires of your heart! Maybe I will get a boy! Lacey congrats! I bet Emma is ecstatic( not sure if thats spelled right)I love you!!
YAY!!!!! Congratulations!!! i'm so happy for all of you!!!
Yea!! I'm so glad the test was wrong! I am sure Emma will be the best big sister ever, can't wait your new bundle of joy!
Oh that was adorable! Congrats!
that is so exciting. and watching that totally made me cry. i loved emmas reaction!! so so sweet, and so glad she is healthy and well. i wish you would have turned the camera on yourself, i am sure you are the cutest pregnant mom!
Ahhh...so sweet. As you know every girl needs a sister. I loved reading this though. It was so funny and I'm sure your doctor was cracking up.
I couldn't be more happy for you. You have your perfect family and we miss you so much. I am so happy for both you and sweet Emma. We send our love to your darling family.
my precious Emma! Good things DO come to those that wait and to those that keep trying. I loved your video. It makes me miss all of you so much. I could see my little angels but i could hear your sweet voice and Ryans contagious laugh. I watched it more than a few times. I love all of you!
Yay!!! What a great surprise! This little girl is going to be LOVED SO MUCH!!! Just so you know, your family is missed by SO MANY people in Kentucky! We wish you were here!
Congrats! How fun that you'll have a little sister for Emma. What exciting news! Hope you are feeling good!
Okay, so i may have been a little MIA from the blogging world. Now that I'm back I find out I missed something fabulous. Your video says it is currently not available. I really want to see it. Sounds like Emma's reaction was priceless. You should send it to Mastercard. To be honest, I was pretty sure that test was wrong. My dream was too vivid. Strange I know. Anyway, I'm so excited for you all. Can't wait to meet baby #5, the much anticipated grande finale...or is she?
I am scared now that mine will be wrong!
Emma!! Congrats on your baby sister! You are going to be the best sister that ever was. Your baby sister is already the luckiest little girl. She's going to adore you.
Lacey - we sure do miss your family here. Bigs hugs and a big, big congrats!!! 2 girls + 3 boys = pure Williams bliss. :)
Girl Power! I bet you could use some cute girl clothes. I remember you complaining of how tired of all those boy clothes you were. I can't wait to pick out something cute!
Post a Comment