.

5/19/2011

Pinewood Derby 2011

>Photobucket

I'm the Cub master in my ward (I also teach in Relief Society and am co-chairing the Stake Creche and Ryan's the Young Mens President right now.)


I have only been the cub master for 3 months. I was a bit overly-ambitious and had the Scout Derby night be a ward activity. We had "pit stop" themed food. Hot Dogs, chips and fruit. Popcorn and Lemonade and the "finale" was cupcakes. (yes I made them all, but had lots of help from good families in the ward with set-up and popping all the corn!)


PhotobucketEach scout had to wear a pass to access the track.

Photobucket

Cars weighed in-

Photobucket

Photobucket

With an award certificate each boy got a "golden" trophy:

Photobucket

Finish line dessert table:

Photobucket

Tanner worked on his car 90% by himself- or at scout night. Ryan helped with the wheels and weight in the end. Tanner took first. I know people thought this thing was rigged ;). It wasn't.

Photobucket

Photobucket

(by the time boy #3 is in scouts I should have all this down!)

4 comments:

Jenny Ann said...

Can I just say this whole thing is amazing!! I especially like the twinkie/oreo cars. You have so many callings for a reason. Stop being so amazing and that MIGHT stop.

Reeses Pieces said...

Okay so I'm thinking my ward needs a new cub mamma!!! So cute!!! The cupcakes look amazing. Look at you jogging-I'm so impressed and inspired..One day I'll get there.

Krista said...

You did such a great job!! As you always do :) I miss talking to you and Greydon misses Emma. Hope you have a great summer!

Krista said...
This comment has been removed by the author.