.

9/28/2011

End of School- May 2011

Almost 5 months ago- and I am just getting to it. I blame my always behind, can never catch up self, on child #5. Just last month in church Ryan mentioned on the pulpit that having a 5th baby feels like, "...your tredding water trying not to drown with 4 and then someone hands you another baby." Awesome. That's us. Just barely hanging on.

Last May I helped throw a Field Day Party.

We used our communal back yard space and a family down the street has a commerical cotton candy maker and we added our snocone machine. "Cotton Candy" Family said she made 200- I matched her. And that was just the first round.

(flyer made by me)



Photobucket

My runner friend, Lisa, did all the field games. She used a megaphone to direct the kids. It was cold and windy- water games could not happen.

Toward the end of the day I found Landon back at home napping on the couch.

Photobucket

The Last Day of School started with the tradional Donut Day!
Photobucket
Charlotte was broken in.
Photobucket
Emma graduated Kindergarten. They had a final play- Peter Rabbit. She memorized passages- and I was surprised by how much the kids knew from memory.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
She also had her second Dance Recital.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Tanner finished 3rd grade and so the Summer kicked off!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Your posts made my day. I expressed the same concern to Oscar yesterday that we are barely treading water, or like a hampster in a wheel. I feel your troubles sister 5 is killer. Let me know when you feel like you are on top of things again so I can expect a few months later I can feel the same! :) Love you guys!