.

10/01/2011

Mini-Tri

Early this past Summer my LDS trainer-friend, Lisa (commander's wife and mom of almost 6) offered me the "run" part of her race. She has been such a positive, encouraging friend that helped me get more focused on my health. I know she did not need me to run for her- she is such a strong athlete. I don't know how to really swim, and don't own a bike, but she let me enjoy part of her race and the thrill of competing. I have never thought of myself as skilled or capable enough to train for anything. But I have learned this past year that I can do hard physical things and not want to die. That endurance is empowering. That as much as I now crave a run for solitude and time to think without being bothered, I am much better to my family and for my home after. I love my little base- I have ran all over it. I feel safe and will be sad to leave it's comfort in a year and, even more, not to have Lisa around.

<span class=


<span class=




<span class=


<span class=


<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

2 comments:

Camille said...

good for you lacey. you are beautiful and i am so excited for you to have done such an amazing race! your kids are getting so big and are so cute. i love the picture of the cheering section!

Joe & Jill said...

you look amazing!!!!