
















It was not over-crowded, under a couple hours drive away, and we learned so much. Like, the soldiers were all issued shoes that were not left or right footed... the soldier broke them in himself. Clothes were issued in a "one size fits all" fashion- pants were tied in the back with string so as not to lose them for the skinny guys.
For the reenactment battle, the "soldier" knew when to "play dead" by the card he recieved- it had an authentic name and brief history about that person, and if they were disabled or killed. We still are not sure who won. Or who we were rooting for. Summer, my sister, said she heard it was a battle that no one won.






6 comments:
If I hadn't asked all those questions we wouldn't have known about the shoes and pants :) I am glad that we went to see just a piece of how rough their life really was.
PS I love how you put the lettering on the picture.
PSS Emma did keep falling on Tanner as we drove and the insightful doctor came up with a way to keep her propped up on the drive home :)
Thanks for those pics. I have wanted to go for years, but always forget when it happens. I even worked in perryville for a year and missed it!
Your pictures remind me of our visit last summer to Williamsburg. Both Jacob and Isaac would have loved all the battlefield play acting--Jacob would have wanted to enlist for sure. I am so glad you are able to take advantage of seeing all that your Kentucky life has to offer--someday they will be rich happy memories.
Ok- you are so funny! I am CRACKING up right now! Your commentary is so goofy! Uh...the picture of Emma with her head strapped it a bit disturbing! :) What a fun activity. Wish I were there....
I LOVED all your pictures. We were on the same side as you for the battle. Seriously, how did we miss each other?!
Great photos and I loved your insights on the photos.
A perfect day. Well, except that it was ridiculously hot, but you would never know from your great photos....
Post a Comment