The annual event of the Louisville Balloon Glow started this weekend. Touted to be in the top 5 in the nation for hot air balloon festivals, a gathering of 85 balloons at dusk "light" their inflated balloons. The glow and warmth from the balloons is awesome. You can get as close as you want and I love watching the teams work together to get them up. Every balloon rise from the ground got an applause from Emma and it really is so fascinating. It's almost as magical as Disneyland. ALMOST. I'm a dork like that. (Forgive my camera. It's lived its' life. I'm still trying to replace it. Pictures are spotty.)

14 comments:
Lacey,
It was so wonderful to meet you and little Landon. Thank you for taking time to come over (even with a sick little one) and chat for a minute. I look forward to getting to know you better. Hopefully a zoo trip will be in our near future!
The balloon glow truly is magical. I am so glad you got to go. And the pictures looked great. Here's to Louisville and wonderful city to live in!
The pictures are fine you dork! It looks really neat! Glad you are finding something to love there.
Awesome--I like watching them but would have a hard time getting in one--it's the height thing--that and those 2 balloon accidents that have been in the news. I am glad your making Kentucky memories and glad that we get to share a piece with you.
Ok -- so you're in trouble because this spring you said you'd tell me when the next balloon glow is and now I've missed it! I'm really just teasing you. But, is there another one in the spring? It looks really neat.
I think that the pictures are fine too. What great memories for your kids. How do you always find out about the neatest things to do?
Wow that's really pretty. Cute family picture!
I loved the pictures! My family would have loved something like that! It's nice when a community offers things for families.
Your family is so photogenic. No one ever seems to be looking at the camera when I take them.(he,he)
How cool is that! You have such a cute family!
You've definitely got Ethan's attention. He saw me scroll down and made me back up to see the balloons. I can't imagine his excitement to see it in real life.
Lay- your "Balloon Glow" link doesn't link to anything.
I think that is cause the event is over now. Thanks Melissa
Very cool event!! Lacey you look so good. I love your family picture. Your little ones are so cute!
i forgot it was this last weekend, good thing i missed it for a good reason (an amazing Utah trip). love your pics and we'll be there next year for sure! love the balloon glow.
that looks like so much fun. you have such a cute family and I love to read of your happenings :)
Post a Comment