.

6/24/2007

We made it to 8!


I was afraid of the "7-year itch" so to speak and happily celebrate our marital departure from this past year (am I superstitous?).... anyhow welcome year 8! We close upon our grueling intern year of residency for internal medicine, the arrival of our third born, and the slow to come settling feeling of calling Kentucky home (for now). Throughout our marriage, we've moved 10 times, crossed national borders, birthed colicky babies- yes every one has cried, and loved one another through poverty & undergraduate & medical school. So, in honor of our anniversary, for my Ryan:

1. I love that people refer to you as being happy and warm. Even with sleep deprivation you always are plesant to be around. Even around the unrulies at home.
2. I am thankful that for all the things you have lost, you have never lost me or the kids.
3. I am thankful that my sense of urgency in completing "projects" is now too becoming your same tune.
4. I love your sense of perspective on all things.
5. Your mind, I must say this! It is worth thousands (and thousands) of dollars at this point Mr. MD.
6. No matter what I make, upon first bite, you always same "uhhmmmm"- so does Landon too.
7. I love watching you with our children. Your love and adoration for them is equally reflected in their eyes for you.
8. That, even today you are my greatest confidant, support and highest nurturer.

8 comments:

Jess said...

Lacey, I am so glad you found my blog! It is so good to see your cute family...wow your kids have gotten big!! Blogging has been so much fun for me, and I am glad that I can check to see what you guys are up to now. It was good to hear from you!

Carla said...

Congratulations guys! You guys are my favorite couple ever. You're both completely Christlike and kind and a ton of fun to boot!

Anonymous said...

And eternity is just around the corner! How young and sweet you look in your wedding picture - we love you guys!

Thirstin' for Thurstons said...

Congratulations!! You guys are wonderful, and we are in constant sorrow that you left us!

matt . lori . maya . daisy . olivia said...

Hi Lacey, Its your cousin Lori. I saw your blog on Jessies blog! Your litte family is do cute! I cant believe it, last time I saw Emma she was so tiny and now she is a little toddler! How fun. Our blog is colledgefam.blogspot.com

CHERIE said...

Happy Anniversary to you two!

The Paske Family said...

Lacey!! What an icredible blog. I love all the stories. It rally made me miss you and yor sisters. I can't believe how much you remind me of your mom. Somehow there needs to be some kind of reunion-Soon! I was looking at your youngest thinking "wow he is getting so big, I thought Lacey had him around the same time I had Ava." It made me realize that my Ava is getting big too. I keep thinking she is still a baby. Wierd.

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful Picture! You guys are awesome.