
I am so glad my DVR (TIVO) finally worked so I could watch the re-broadcast of President Hinckley's funeral! The Monday after his passing for FHE we watched the DVR of the most recent Sunday morning general conference closing talk given by the Prophet. His closing words STILL make me cry. "God bless you & I love you." Poignant to me because I still feel those would be the words he would say to each of us in his final moments. The funeral was so profound to me and caused me to re-evaluate some standings in my own life. Like to try harder and be better. Which leads me to...
The Relief Society lesson yesterday taught by our president had a repeat statement that resonated: Never supress a generous thought.
Finally, I have recieved 2 emails about President Hinckley's Challenge- to read the Book of Mormon in 97 days. I cowered a bit. That's almost 6 pages a day. But I need too and so made my commitment to Ryan and now in writing. I will try hard to meet this goal. Check out: http://www.hinckleychallenge.com/
ps- I like this fatty angel. Maybe because I am getting a bit fatty myself.
9 comments:
Awesome post. I hadn't seen that challenge come up, but I think I would like to try that too. I could sure use the spiritual boost and what a fantastic remembrance of President Hinckley!
Like you I'm up for the B of M challenge too. We can do it! I hope you're doing well along with the little one inside.
I too got the challenge email. It seems like I need to get reading it tonight. This is one time I'd actually finish it by the end date.
Hope all is well!
I'm also doing the challenge. This is cindy if you are wondering I started a blog and I'm slowing getting n to it. I don't have a hold lot of time to get on. That is great that you are having another one I'm so happy we have five and I'm done you'll have to check us out on my blog. your kids are so cute
Have you read the words to the song that they sang at his funeral - I sent it last night on e-mail. AH! Talk about tears, I re-watched the funeral and read the words as they sang - beautiful. How truly blessed we are to have been led by this great man/friend. Looking forward to President Monson,
Love the angel !!
You are not getting fatty. You make me laugh. There is another testament to DVR - you were able to watch Pres Hinckley's funeral. I need to find a way to get my hands on it. What an amazing man. I guess I too will read the challenge (all this peer pressure and all).
Lacey-- I have to admit that you were one of a few people that I thought of instantly when Sis. Stubbs gave the lesson to "never suppress a generous thought." You amaze me!! Thank you for your example!!
I havent seen a prego Lacey pic yet...common' girl!! And we think you should find out what you're having. Are you sure its just one?? It seems everyone is having a little pair of bunchkins.
Post a Comment