I took the kids to Hubbers Farm last week- I was feeling just a bit off, but who feels really great in the last trimester? Well, by night, I was in labor. Ryan cancelled on a shift, came home to get me and then dropped me off at the hospital because we couldn't get in touch with anyone to come watch the kids. They stopped my every 3 minutes contractions with a shot and hydrated me with an IV. I won't lie, I tried not to have a pity party for myself, amongst being worried about the baby and really awakened to the truth that I have to stop doing much of anything. I was 30.5 weeks, dilating and drugged, and came home and slept through the weekend and have started on an oral medicine to stop contractions that I have to take every 4 hours or more as needed. I'm so grateful for the 2 dads that watched our kids so Ryan could come get me from the hospital and for the kindness' of good neighbors (the yummy meal "neighba lady") and inquiries of concern from visiting teachers, friends and family.
Since I have had to "clear my calendar" a bit- not like it is ever really that full- I have struggled with trying to not feel so worthless. I also realized I had a list of things to do before the baby was to come, much organizing and some landscape work and overall just getting things ready. Ryan has had to help out a lot more- and does so willingly. My, "Hey, can you lift this?" or "You will have to do the grocery shopping." and mostly, "I need to go sit down." are always met with concern and support and without complaint. Thankfully his schedule has not been so rigorous as usual. He has tried to discourage me from feeling worthless and encourages me that "things will be just fine!"Just more reasons why I love my husband.
5/13/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
Finally! You just might let people help you- If I lived close I would be over all the time to help.
There is not ONE worthless thing in your whole soul. NOT ONE. Don't believe the lies.
Love you Lacey.
Oh Lacey! That's not fun! I'm glad that Ryan's schedule is a little more accommodating right now so he can help. And about feeling worthless . . . keep in mind that you are in the middle (well 3/4ths through) of CREATING life -- a real human body that possesses the spiritual offspring of divinity. Wow! There is nothing worthless about that!
And the coinage x-ray -- hilarious!
Miss you!
You are not worthless!!.. next time you free that way just remind yourself you are growing and ENTIRE human being inside of you... pretty amazing.
Please do take it easy Lacey! You are seriously the most humble person I know, you are SO very awesome and you don't even have a clue.
A huge pile of "to do" lists undone would mean nothing to just how much you are worth to your family and friends (especially me)!
Lacey, Just reading all the heart felt words of encouragement here is just another testament to how much you mean to so many people. Like the title of one of my favorite TV shows, "Everybody Loves Lacey" including me.
I am ready to get on a plane - just say the word!!!
Love - the new look of your blog. I need to learn how to change mine on my own.
hang in there, and I know the feeling. I was the same way when I was preggo w/ the twins. it is hard but knowing that that is not how you normally are was always a great reminder to me. it stinks but seriously don't do anything...just think of the baby and how much better it is for them inside you right now than out! you will be in my prayers. xo
Lacey, I wish I could be there to bring you dinner or watch your kids. You are always thinking of others, so enjoy your "down" time.:) Good luck, we're thinking of you and your sweet family.
Wow, you've been busy. Coins in chest, planting flowers, buying a truck, reading the B of M, and on top of all that trying to keep the little one from "hatching." Yikes, take it easy. Really though, what Mom can take it easy. Your yard looks nice, and I love your new header and background-very springy/summer!
Oh Lacey. I am SO sorry. I have been there for too many months to count. I became one with the couch and had my cordless phone, gameboy and remote to keep me company when I was down with Josh and Matt. When I was bed ridden with the girls, I had to let other people help me. And while I hate to do that, it was a blessing. I'm go glad you have a wonderful husband and amazing friends who will help you out.
So sit back and relax. You need to. Dr's orders. and just enjoy it a bit. Once baby #4 comes sitting will only be a faded memory!
Oh, and sorry about the penny. My brother Jeff once swallowed a very sharp screw. Scary, but it too passed. Glad his worked its way out.
And really- lay down!! Gotta keep that baby in!!
Lacey, Lacey, Lacey, why don't you call the O'Brien Mob when you need help with your kids? If I hear you go in pre-term labor (or real labor) again, and Ryan has to "drop you off" so he can go back home to be with your kids, and you didn't call our home, you are dead! We would LOVE to have your "mob" over with ours.
I too had to spend some "worthless" time on the couch with two of my pregnancies, and like Cheryl said, enjoy, because it's over too quickly. I did HATE having everyone do stuff for me, but what do you do? That #4 is tooooooo important. We want you in the club.
BTW-I loved your response to Emma's "wish" question. I'm going to be checking on you.
Lacey-
It seems like more often than not when I am trying to respond to a blog, I have a little hand tapping on me or a voice from another room needing me. I'll see how far I get.
First, thank you for your kind words. I too love your new blog look!
I was very surprised about you going into labor. I can't imagine what that would have been like. What a blessing that things are better. I hope that things continue to go well for you and your baby. It sounds like you have many great friends there that are ready to give you help.
I wish that I could be your neighbor to help you too.
You will be in my prayers, Lacey
I'll be praying that baby stays in a little longer. You and I both know the pain of having to leave a little one in the NICU and having a family to take care of. Not Fun!! But we make it through! Love you Lacey! Take care and let the help come!!
Don't these babies know these time schedules?! Seriously...enjoy the time, dont feel bad for a single second (I wouldn't!) and think of that sweet little bunchkin baking in that warm oven.
Go Team Mommy!!
I miss you....I wish I was there to watch after my cute nephews and niece! Take care!!... will you?
Lacey, I had no idea!! Please call me if you need anything!! I'll run to the grocery store, or come hang out with the kids or whatever. The only reason why this is so frustrating for someone like you is because you are constantly "doing." You are always busy and 9 times out of 10 it is for someone else. Trust me, you are as far from worthless as they come... and the baby will thank you for putting your feet up for a bit!
im right up the street, let me know if you need anything, a break, or a nice cold drink...
Post a Comment