.

5/10/2009

I'll be honest

I've been thinking. "I should blog this...." And then I think, aghhhh, but it is so whiny. And wimpy of me. And should I use this place to blog some things that are so sensitive to me or my family? Or that show me in a light that does not show me managing stress well. I mean, I know I can be lousy, but does anyone else have to know that so specifically too?

So, I will keep it pretty basic.

-Jackson got his first haircut.
-Ryan got stuck by a needle from an elderly patient that had "Hey" and "Baby" tattooed on each of her inner thighs. She was screened, she's clean, and my husband says now he is related to "Hey Baby."
-Tanner's going to reading tutoring that costs us more than some of Ryan's community college classes. I love this kid- he tries really really hard. We have some hard choices to make for him- I should say, they feel hard to me. In the whole scheme- so minor. So minor.
-Landon talks more and more. And if we understand him incorrectly, he yells at us. Okay, mostly me. Star Wars and Superhero's are still his theme.
-I've taken up reading again. I decided to start with classics that I have never read. Isn't that shameful?
-I've also taken up lots of cleaning. Especially for the last minute showings that cancel- not really, but some. I love my Sharp Steam mop (anyone want a demonstration?)
-Emma said her favorite meal that I make her is... cereal. How much wasted time do I spend in the kitchen!
-We recieved paperwork from the AF asking us to request a date that we need our stuff picked up. We have just over 90 days. We are supposed to sign in on base August 8th. I am completely at loss for what to tell them. It depends on the status of the house.
-I'm dreading Ryan being at boot camp for 5 weeks and the possibilty that I will have to close the house up by myself. And-four-little-kids. Put me in the psych ward right now.
-Lunch here with student/doctor moms- thank you for coming; impromptu BBQ with friends and neighbors, had to coerce them to come.
-We were out on a late date night. Went to the book store and we sat and I read a book almost from cover to cover to Ryan. The "9-inch plate diet". Says eat off a smaller plate and lose weight. Oh, and it also said that for every inch the plate increases your fanny does too. Or something like that. I'm committed. We ate off 9-inch plates tonight.
- I jumped rope with the Emma & Landon in the house with a long scarf as a rope. They couldn't quite get the timing right with the arm swing. Keep practicing.
-Mother's Day. I love the mom's in my life. I need to keep practicing too- to be more like them.

9 comments:

Jarom said...

Lacey, all I can say is that you are awesome and I love you!

Cory or Cari said...

Lacey,

Your standards are so high. It's not called whining when you are a mom. It's called venting and it's for the greater good. So go right on ahead. I'm glad to see that you are normal. Everything will work out for you guys. It always does. You are blessed for your righteousness.

I'm glad that Ryan didn't catch anything from the "Hey Baby" lady. I'd love to hear the whole story on that one. I'm sure it was Drama.

Can't wait to see how everything works out for you. I'm in a similar place right now so I keep telling myself to have faith and lots of patience. All is well.

Summer said...

Wish that I was there to help you pack, clean, watch kids, hear you vent... Mothering can be SO draining. Hang in there it always seems to fall into place for your family.
I love you to pieces-

Jenny Ann said...

Whinning is what I did to my husband last night. This is not whinning, this would be trying to figure everything out when it looks like everything is happening all at once.
I'm glad Ryan didn't get anything from the needle stick. I remember when Jared first got stuck. That was horrible.
If you have to close up your home/life here in kentucky by yourself ummmm HELLLOOOO, give me a call and I will totally help. Whether it be taking the kids for an hour or packing. You let me know.
You are one amazing woman!

Kristi said...

Todd has been stuck several times. So creepy. I hate waiting to see what kind of disease he may have picked up. Luckily we're clean so far. Lacey, hang in there. The house will happen, the house will happen...

Reeses Pieces said...

I love your honesty. I makes me feel so normal to know that other mothers go through the same stresses. You're a great Mom!

Don and Sue said...

Honey, you are so sweet. You can vent all you want. Sometimes when you do it makes you feel a little better. (notice I didn't say a lot better). I love all of you and I am praying for you.

Don and Sue said...

One more comment. Hey when do I get one of those cute family pictures?

Suzy Hicks said...

This is a great post, very to the point. Glad to feel like I have the skinny on your life (whether you wanted me to or not). I think my top pick is Emma's favorite meal, that made me laugh out loud.