.

1/11/2010

This pregnancy

I'll be 16 weeks this week. The gagging has not been as bad this time around. Pregnancy insomnia has tapered off a bit. I'm fat- or is it pregnant people think? I'm itching like crazy- especially the bottom of my feet, and told Ryan "Docta, help me!" He has a patient that comes in all the time, and with a heavy accent says her skin is on fire or that she is being bitten. I used the same accent, he laughed, and told me "please, no" and he gave me some remedies.

I also took the Intelligender urine test. It changed to the blue green color. Meaning boy. Meaning. It's probably more legos over here. And that Emma will be the frosting. On all my cakes. I need to get over the idea that not everyone has a sister. I told Ryan, what if we adopted? And also, said something in the early stages of realizing it's probably a boy, "what's wrong with your sperm?" can you believe I said that ? :)

But, I'm already dreaming of a boys dorm room for our next house. This baby has been missing, as Ryan even pointed out as we count heads. And the kids have not asked us for a dog lately either!


13 comments:

Mrs. Schmalison said...

You lucky girl:)

Jocelyn said...

Oh my goodness! I had no idea about this test! How accurate is it?? Very interesting. I know you will just LOVE 4 boys. I know I do! I love your cake and icing. I'm thinking we are just plain plain cake over here in my parts.

Camille said...

you are cracking me up lacey. i never knew about that test, very interesting. at least you have one princess in the family ;)

Jarom said...

I SO want to take that test! But, I'm nervous to spend the money when I will hopefully just find out in about six weeks anyway. I'm totally interested to see if it was right for you, though!

And, Emma will have A LOT of protection as she becomes a teenager! :-)

acte gratuit said...

My test came out "boy" also. And it was right. Sigh.

Marla said...

OK #1- more than one girl means hormonal fights over dolls, boys and bathrooms...so, maybe it's a good thing.
#2 - the baby shower. I so feel completely incompetent in that department, but over and over again you just amaze and inspire me. How can one person make so many beautiful things? You are a work of art yourself.
#3- I love the way your write your posts...so fun to read. Miss you!

Jess said...

Man! You have been so busy! I love all the decorations for the shower. You are AMAZING!

I posted about Chase's Daily Duties a few months ago. Here is the link http://matthewandjess.blogspot.com/2009/11/daily-duties.html

It will pretty much explain it all...I just googled pictures of of chores, scrapbooked it into a chart and printed it out at Costco. So far it has been working wonderfully. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Jess said...

Ps I don't know for sure....But I think I am having a boy too. To bad we don't live by each other. They could be best friends!

Jeffrey and Monica said...

I haven't checked blogs much lately so I'm just hearing the news...CONGRATS!!! So exciting!

Katie said...

This is too funny!!! I had almost the same thing with the itchy feet, it's the worst! I really want a girl. How accurate is that test? I am convinced that the chinese birth chart works so for me, anytime after may and I will get a girl:) Like you, I do love all my boys and my husband wants a basketball team so whatever we get, will be a blessing:)

Don and Sue said...

Oh honey, I havent looked at any blogs for a long time. I loved all you pics. What a cute shower. those cupcakes look so beautiful. We had so much fun with all of you. Cant wait to see all of you again.

Reeses Pieces said...

Never seen the intelligender. How accurate is it??? At least your daughter will be spoiled, but you're right having sisters is so amazing that it would be hard to imagine her without one. Guess you'd better have more haha!

Suzy Hicks said...

I am with you in your hopes for a girl.....maybe with our prayers combined it will be a little lady? When I was prego with Parker, when I'd pray I'd always say 'and if the request line is open PLEASE make this baby a girl'. Ok, maybe you should just pray for a girl, mine obviously don't work! xox.