.

2/12/2010

Valentine's Week

A real Heart Attack. I saw this off Life, loved the idea, & remembered I'd done this to a boyfriend or so lives ago. I "Heart Attacked" the kitchen with love notes for everyone in our family. This started on Monday.
Things I love: the way Jacks runs, Tanner holding my hand, Emma's dances and songs, Dad's laugh, Landon's love of rock music, that we are having another baby..... my list goes on and on. And everyday I have loved "looking" at these hearts with things I love.


More kisses please. My version of a kissing ball. I followed the felt flower tutorial here. It hangs over our kitchen table, the heart chandelier I made last year hangs over the kitchen counter.
Cookie Flowers Bouquets. A tradition learned from my mom. I think all my sisters and I make them. They make there way to teachers, and friends, and neighbors (as thanks who hunted for our lost children.)
Tanner's rocket valentines, from familyfun, but with smarties.
Emma's butterfly valentines.
My mantle. I put this up right as I put Christmas away.
Bits of love hang throughout my house.
I decided last year to love and prepare for Valentine's day. I want those to know how much I love them. And I do! It really is my favorite holiday.

This week everyone, including Ryan, needed fruit trays for their parties (Ryan's work/squadron had brunch for someone PCS'ing, ie- military term for being relocated). Valentine cards needed to be made and flower bouquets dropped off, with Jackson being sick I felt so busy. I had hoped to make these love pouches in time for my Family Valentine Dinner on Saturday. But just could not get it done. Next year for certain. (you can buy the pattern here from my dear friends at may&mae on Etsy).

I have been in a bit of a funk. Miss my old life a bit, and feel the monotony of motherhood. Laundry and cleaning and meals. Planning for Valentine's Week in our home has made me pause. And just love. I went to the Temple this week, Ryan stayed home and watched the kids, and once again, I am reminded that is not our purpose here to love? That it is.

Valentine's Dinner is Saturday night for my family. My menu is set. Going to try these molten lava cakes for dessert.

Oh, and Ryan added some hearts to my heart attack. His said, "I love moms decorations/crafts." And, "I love the way mom smiles." Celebrating those I love, always makes me smile.

Happy Valentine's weekend!

4 comments:

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

I'm so glad you shared these ideas! I'm going to do the Heart Attack Sunday morning as a surprise. Perfect!
Thanks!
Oh, and I am so glad your kiddos were found safe and sound... so scary!

Holly said...

I love the heart attack idea. Next year, will you come decorate my house for Valentine's Day? I love seeing everyones cute decorations, but decorating is so NOT my talent. . . It is most definitely yours. I think you are awesome!

Jess said...

Lacey...you are AMAZING!!!

Summer said...

I made the molten lava cakes last year for valentines- they were super good and rich. The kids didn't quite appreciate them like Michael & I- But I am making them again this year ;)