1. Swaddling blankets by Aden & Anais. They are 100% muslin. Extra large for wrapping babies. Lightweight. I just wish I'd had them for every baby. The nurses in the baby nursery at the hospital asked me "where did you get these"? Target sales them for the best price around online. You can find them at Land of Nod and other boutiquey type stores as well. In a pinch, I use them as a nursing cover as well. A discovery I found from a friend.

2. This thing was ugly. I need a long (6ftish) narrow (30 inch) cabinet for my kitchen area. I hunted on Craigslist. Finally I found it. Ryan and his Dad drove into boise and picked it up. Ryan said, "are you sure? this is ugly. this is heavy." That's the one I told him.

My 38th- almost- in-labor-week, we refinished it. I took some inspiration from
here at Shabby Nest. Really, just minimal sanding required. I used a wet paint sand prep. A 3-4 hour project on and off a couple days.

Each kid has a school drawer. The arts and crafts all have a spot. The junk drawer is full already. And 2 years from now when we leave this base and Air Force life, I will garage sale it. Or maybe Ryan will use it as a work bench area in the garage. It won't hurt because it didn't cost much.

3. My Banzai Lagoon. This thing is sturdy. Goes up so fast. The blower is quiet. It has a sprayer that my little boys like off- but when it's on, the slide is fast. We've had it almost 2 weeks
(I was waiting for it to go on sale at Walmart). I love that you don't have to get out of the pool to climb the ladder to go down the slide- keeps the pool cleaner. Except when Jacks throws pebbles in it. My kids have loved it. Just like I knew they would. Well, well worth my pennies. (Walmart is clearancing them down below the original cost of $399- I got mine for their cost of $225). Snow cones and nursing (just like I said.) Now I just have to get Ryan on it.

6 comments:
that cabinet is amazing. you are amazing for taking on such a project so late in your pregnancy. it looks awesome. and who's kids wouldn't love that slide in their backyard. you are definitely the coolest mom in the neighborhood. love you lace :)
That cabinet is beautiful!!! I think you should definitely keep it. Connor says that he wants to come and play at your house in the slide :)
I can't wait to use my swaddle cloths- just 5 more weeks...
I don't know if you remember me (Cory Randall's mom) but it's fun to read about your sweet family and the adventures you're having. I'm sure your friends all along the way will always remember you - like we will.
We LOVE those swaddling blankets! They are amazing! In the AZ heat and with our baby, they were the only swaddling blankets that worked. That slide looks like tons of fun!!!
I love all of the BIG family reunion pics. What a big fun family. The dresser is super cute. I refinished an old one yellow a couple of years ago and it's filled with supplies too. So I think I should make a trip toTarget for some of those blankets...thanks for sharing!
Lacey! You're like, YARD SALING! (craigslist totally counts) I LOVE the cabinet! Yea for you! I am seriously thinking about getting one of those water slides. Just need to find it at a yard sale :). I MISS YOU!
Post a Comment