Emma goes just 3 hours, from noon to 3. I can see the school from my house. Tanner goes to school in the morning with the Walkie Talkie so I can check in on him when he picks her up and walks home with Emma. (Ryan thinks I'm an overprotective nut. He teases me about this Walkie Talkie thing.)
Emma has had a hard time with school. She was not too fond of it- ie, ripping at my arm and sobbing when I left her. I could hardly bear it. Ryan started swinging home and picking her up to drop her off. Since the hospital is just right around the corner I have been able to count on him to help me. I love the base. So much more convenient for us.
I still feel like I have 4 at home- half day kindergarten doesn't even count! Oh the days are demanding. Everyone needs help. Everyone needs me. I can't imagine not having this mother calling- what did I ever do with my time before them!
2 comments:
I too know all about having screaming children ripped off of me. It's like a yearly tradition. I hope it doesn't continue with all of my lovely children (twins, please be good to me???). It will pass, it will pass....
I need to get me one of those walkie talkies. There have been times I'm in the basement and I need to talk to Anna and I wish I could text her. I'm NOT getting the child a cell phone maybe EVER so a walkie talkie could be a good alternative....
oh lace-
i more than understand. seriously kindergarten is such a joke, but it gives me a feeling as to how good next year is going to feel! (although, just like you will still have kiddos at home ;) ) and the being pulled in every direction, it's exhausting! i love you and wish we were closer so we could talk more! love you.
Post a Comment