.

10/31/2010

Football Season Ends

Tiger record was 4 and 3. Our defense wasn't scored on in 19 quarters- I think my husbands bribing as the defensive coordinator of candy bars is what motivated the boys to block.

It was a rough start for Tanner. 4 days a week practices and Saturday all day events. He wanted to quit. His helmet hurt.... it was hard. I felt bad for him. Ryan told me he'd figure it out- it would be good for him.

We "encouraged" him to hang in there.

Ryan had to go to all the practices- he was one of the teams 5 coaches.

About mid-season Tanner started to get it. He started on offense and defense. He was reliable.

Coach at the end of year award party said Tanner was "the most improved and one of the nicest kids out there."

I enjoyed watching Ryan coach. During the game a coach is allowed on the field. Ryan would pull the kids around, switch them by arm pulls between plays and always always patted their helmets.

Photobucket



Photobucket

Tanner is number 41.

Photobucket

The sideline. Ryan said it took a force of nature to get us out the door with all our snacks and chairs and umbrellas to get us to games on time. I did little sitting, mostly tried to keep kids off the field!

Photobucket

The game ending tunnel. Tanner's up front.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Angela said...

Great pictures! GO TANNER and I'm sure Coach Ryan was very loved!