.

3/20/2011

Japan and Emily

I know we are all heartsick for Japan.

The Ice Storm we were in in Kentucky- obviously not truly comparable- but caused power loss during the winter. (We moved in with the Ang and Jed G. and sucked they're power.) It was cold. It was stressful.

I just cannot fathom the earthquakes and tsunami and nuclear melt-downs that are happening individually, let alone all combined. Oh for the lost people!

Please, read my blog friend Emily's experience in Japan. (start back to March 12th) They too are an Air Force family on their first and only stationed assignment in Japan. Her husband is a dentist, they have 4 cute little boys, live on base, and are LDS.

I sent through a donation to LDS charities last week. I wish I could have added more zero's behind it.

I am grateful for the church- because it's organization works! It comforts and blesses the lives of those in need. And it starts with people like Emily.

4 comments:

Gavin and Shawna said...

Small world. I grew up with Emily in Carlsbad...well...mostly...I can't remember when she moved there. But I read her updates. Thanks for the link!

Mrs. Schmalison said...

Thank you for sharing that link. It has thrown me into the realization that I am completely unprepared if something happens. The only thing I have is water, and even that I haven't updated. She is an amazing woman and I plan on reading her blog regularly to help remind me to keep working on my emergency preparedness.

acte gratuit said...

Thanks Lacey! You're sweet!
Hi Shawna!
:)

Reeses Pieces said...

I loved that they spoke a little about our church charities during conference. It really confirms that they're doing so much good with our donations.

So I obviously haven't checked blogs for a while. I'm so sorry that your guys were in a car accident, so glad they're okay. I can't imagine a phone call like that...so scary!