.

5/19/2011

I'm just a jogger

I say a "jogger", because I'm a wannabe runner. It started when Charlotte was 6 weeks old, and I got on the scale. I said I needed to change. I started going to the gym at 9:30 at night. It seemed it was the only time I could get away from a nursing baby. I started out on a stationary bike, then moved to the treadmill. I ran a pathetic mile in 20 minutes. I am not an athlete. I worked on my diet, I asked my friend Lisa, a trainer, to help me get focused. Between a sprained ankle, throwing my back out, and several migraines I just pushed through.

I started losing weight. 35 pounds.

I started feeling stronger.

But mostly, I began to like to run.

I think the term "runner" is for someone that is better at it than me. I just call myself a jogger. Less pressure. I ran my first 6 am 5k and met my goal of 30 minutes by, 3 minutes less. I know it's just a 5 k. And I have no ambitions for anything more than a 10k. Oh, and to be able to do sit ups. I can't, and think my anatomy is broken (at least that's what I try to tell Lisa to agree too). I definitely have found to be true- that when I carve out time for me to excerise, my attitude and perspective is always better.

My favorite on the wall gym quote:

"The dedicate runner (or jogger) knows,

that the soul comes into

its own when it is confronted

with a challenge, when there are

difficulties, hardships, obstacles,

frustrations, heartaches, and pain

that cannot be shared with the outside world."

Photobucket

me, Lisa, Natalie (4 months pregnant), and Jessica

4 comments:

Camille said...

good for you Lacey!! that is amazing, and I wish I were closer so I could be a jogging friend too, cause I am not a "runner" either ;) i like the jogging term much better! you look awesome! i have been loving all of your posts. your kids are so sweet, just like their mom!

Rachel said...

Just read all your new posts. You are so wonderful, Lacey! You just have so many great talents and such a darling family. :-)

Amy said...

Congrats! I'll have you know that you were my straw. Ha ha ha. In a good way! After seeing this post I thought I had to do something and get rid of this baby weight (plus a few cookie lbs.) once and for all. I am also not a runner but I pretend and I was inspired by you to start running. You amaze me. Keep the inspirations coming please. :)

Jeffrey and Monica said...

hey good job! You look amazing and I know you are right....when you take time for yourself you can always handle the rest of your life better.