I got a message and CD left in my mail box last night. In a previous post I had mentioned only one small moment of insanity- hence the package in my mailbox today. I will spare the details of my brief moment of insanity (yes, I am okay and it passed and I feel much better and I think I am normal). The note was heartfelt and the talk attached to it profound (My Home as a Temple by Kristine Manwaring) and a CD of consider the Lillies of the Field. Made such a difference in my day and was such a nice sweet gesture (thanks Marla)!
(Let me digress a bit about the talk, I love, " Christ fed multitudes with limited tangible resources in a miraculous example of His attention to our physical as well as spiritual hunger. He washed the feet of his disciples to illustrate the humble service required of a Master and to reveal what He was willing to do that we might be entirely clean. In the book of Moses he states that He, Himself, made the coats of skins to clothe Adam and Eve. When seen in this new light, my perceptions on tasks like peeling potatoes and scrubbing floors began to turn upside down and inside out. It was becoming obvious to me that when we care for the physical as well as spiritual needs of our families, we are patterning our lives after the Savior.")
I have had so many people do nice things for me- I could fill an encycopedia! I thought about it off and on today and must share. Landon was born almost a month early and big. He was in the NICU for 14 long long days and it just seemed to be the worst thing that ever ever happened (yes, time does bring perspective) but I hated having to leave the hospital without Him. We were in a new state with a new job and new everything and it seemed pretty lonely. My mom was here and served my family endlessly (so nice) and then I got two large boxes on my doorstep. Postmarked Bakersfield, CA..... my home that we had just left. As I opened these boxes I was so touched too find a literal "shower by mail" from my home ward (so nice)- they had not forgotten me! The nicest, nicest, nicest gifts that were handmade and so loved! It touches my heart still.
Of recent, there has been the soup my neighbor fed me for dinner (so nice and yummy), the invite to FHE, the helper at the post office, the quick call to check on me by friends, the pick up of Tanner to get him to a movie I could not sit through with my two babies, my sisters (and sisters-in-law) always calling and telling me they love me, the verbal cheers of support I get from my mom and mother-in-law, all so nice! And, I am so thankful!
7/13/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Lacey, I love your perspective and more that you continue to seek out new perspective as your life goes through all the crazy ups and downs of a mother with 3 small children. L love you so. I need to read the whole talk--awesome
Give those 3 babies a kiss from me.
Mom
We all have our moments of insanity and breakdowns. However, I can imagine that you handled yours with beauty and grace! How blessed I have been to be touched by your sweet spirit and notes of encouragement on days that weren't my best. I am so glad that we have a sisterhood that we can help one another even though we may be miles apart and not there physically for one another. I am glad someone in Kentucky is taking care of you!
Lacey, I am at a continual awe by you. You are such a sweet daughter of our Heavenly Father, who loves ou so. You are able to teach me daily even though miles seperate us. I love you! Melissa
Okay so my perfect sister does have normal break-downs! I always feel like you keep everything running effortlessly- and I can never keep up with the day-to-day things like you do. You always are one of the first people on my list to call when I need a pep talk- I love you dearly and learn soo much from you.
Lacey, this is your aunt Debbie from Chicago. Do you remember me?? I just spoke with Grandma Waalkes and she gave me your blog address. I love blogging and have my own site along with my sister Susan and my daughter Michele. You can find us at debbiebond.blogspot.com. I loved reading and seeing all your pictures. Check out a couple of our pictures from Whitney Kershaw's wedding held recently - there are pictures of Grandma and all five of us Waalkes "kids" . So good to hear you are doing well, although definately in a stage of constant movement. Your children are darling. I am so happy your mom is doing well. Please let me hear from you. Debbie Bond
Post a Comment