.

11/26/2007

We had a feast

Ryan's parents came into town and left too soon. There was no delay in there grandchildren remembering them, the same thing happens when my mom comes too. I could not help but wish we were closer to family. It really makes my heart ache. Especially for my kids.

Yes, Grandma left the digital thermometer in the turkey while in the oven, Grandpa said he appreciates no matter what Subway Sandwich you go to, even in Louisville, you always can be greeted by nice Indian people, we half-way made it to the zoo before a rainstorm hit, I took them on a very long (out-of-the-way-yes-I-know-where-I'm-going (not) ) scenic drive, we had Grandpa's true Wednesday Birthday Dinner at Marks Feed Shack (where I had the best BBQ hamburger I have had in my life, oh and the Buttermilk Crunch Pie sundae in the cup for sure is worth every bite). We watched Evan Almighty, had a very official "Lighting Ceremony" for our house Christmas lights, the kids stayed up way too late every night. We trekked to cut down our own Christmas Tree and they helped us set it up and then we had to take them to Graetar's Ice Cream. And before we knew it, they were gone. But, we think it should be a requirement to come back next year for Thanksgiving. It's our new tradition.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you had a nice time with Ryan's family- I am totally jealous. I love doing all those Christmas traditions with the kids, especially when they become old enough to participate.

The Paske Family said...

It was so nice of Ryan's parents to come out and see you guys and what a treat, you had them for Thanksgiving too! How long will you guys be in Louisville? Will you be there in the Spring?

Heather said...

Sounds like a great holiday! Love the new look. I can't wait to see how you decorate for Christmas, I'll bet it is so cute!

Diane said...

Through the eyes of Lacey--we all smile and only can wish we were there too.
Mom

Lisa said...

How nice for you to spend Thanksgiving with family. It sure makes it nice when you live far from family. You entertain so well and I'm sure you were a great hostess! Glad that you had a nice holiday.
p.s. I didn't realize Graeters were in Kentucky too. It is a pretty popular place here as well.
Lisa

Cheryl said...

That would be a great tradition to always have family in town. It is so hard when they leave, esp on the kids.

I love your writing style, so quick and witty. What a fun time you all had together. I'm still laughing at the thermometer and Subway stories and love that you cut down your own tree. And if you can believe it, I've never eaten at Mark's Feed Store. It'll be on my must do list on our next trip up.

And I love you new blog look. You are amazing!

Reeses Pieces said...

Your new blog header and background is so cute. You should start charging and do that for a living. I'm impressed. I'm glad to finally see another post. I was starting to worry you had dissapeared. Hope all is well!

Katie said...

Lacey,
This is Katie, Long time I know, Thanks for posting on my blog awhile ago, I am so slow at it I know, it is so great to see your cute family and that you are doing so well. Send me your address so I can add you to my Christmas card list, my email is katie@theaxisgroup.net
Hope all is well, Happy HOlidays
Katie(Biggerstaff)Harward

Marcie said...

I miss Marks Feed Store. I forgot about that.

Gavin and Shawna said...

hey lace-
how are you?! I love your blog changes for each holiday!! It takes me too long to perfect it so I can't do too much change....how are things??
shawn

Tiffany said...

How fun that you could be with grandparents for Thanksgiving! Sounds like you had a great time. Isn't the buttermilk pie crunch at Mark's Feed Store one of the best things you've ever tasted?! Did you know that Monday night is free dessert night? Sad that I know that! We've been there a few times . . .

It was fun to see you -- even if briefly -- in New Haven. Just wish we could have been by you.