.

2/16/2008

Valentine's Day 2008 Recap

For Dinner (the plan)
Chicken Alfredo with brocoli on Angel Hair
Spinach Salad with Strawberries
French Bread
Sparkling Juice
PINK strawberry cake with mom's Fudge Frosting.

BUT, Ryan worked, which I did not realize til after the groceries were bought. (So, hopefully Sunday Night.)

We did have Fruit Faces with yogurt and Macaroni and Cheese and, yes the Strawberry Cake. The best part.

Emma thought it was her Birthday all day long. I had to keep explaining to her it was "the day of love" but, she was certain the pink heart cake was for her nonetheless. I got a sweet love note from Ryan with Godiva Chocolates and we made sure each of the kids woke up with a small valentine gift at each of their places at the table.

Lastly, I found this card for Ryan a month or so ago. When he opened it he thought it was a "bald old guy". WHAT? I had to point out that it was a cupid with real feather wings. Way to bring on the romance. Note to self- anything that might be construde as a person with thinnage of hair causes senstitive reactions.

8 comments:

Holly said...

I am trying hard not to laugh about the card sensitivity, but I guess it could be misconstrued if you were a little hung up on the no hair issue. (I however, love the wings!) Your cake looks FANTASTIC, and your cookies delightfully cute!

Jones Family said...

The cake looks wonderful--I love your mom's chocolate frosting.:)

Anonymous said...

I think that you are the 'Betty Crocker' of moms-

Anonymous said...

Hey Lay- I only have one side bar of your blog- the new one with the current pics of your kids. Where did the bar with all your links go?

jamie said...

Hello Lacey - Thank you, thank you, thank you for the help with turning my blog into three columns. Love it!! :) And congrats on the healthy baby. I think it's fun that you aren't going to find out. Once we have one of each, I think we'll do the same. :) And I love your v-day celebration. You are too cute!

Reeses Pieces said...

The cookies on the sticks are adorable. Was that your idea? I'm sure it was. You are way too creative. This whole post is giving me a sweet tooth, plus I'm a sucker for holiday candy. Yummy!

Cheryl said...

I love that Emma thought it was her birthday all day long. What little girl wouldn't love a pink heart cake?!

Your dinner menu looked divine. I think I'll actually try to cook dinner tonight after reading this post!

I LOVED the cookie/flower idea. I think I'll store it away for future use. I am always amazed at everyone's creativity. I am just the queen of copy.

I thought the card was darling and it was even better with Ryan's interpretation.

And I do have to say when I read Jamie's blog and saw her 2 sidebars I thought of you. You really have a gift for this stuff!

So glad you had a good day, even if Ryan was stuck at the hospital!

Lisa said...

Your v-day looked too fun! Can I come to your house next year?? Also, I loved reading about the comments that you overheard from your children. How funny!