Emma at 3 months old. And yes, I know I look tired. And yes, she was a crier too.
Landon also at 3 months old. Crier too.
And I look even more tired here- I will not share that picture.
And now for Jacks. He was a magic baby until 6 weeks. What the heck happened?If I'm lucky I can slide him off my shoulder and lay him down without waking him while he stays in the pouch.
One of these kids better haul me around in my old state. They will have owed my crippled back.
Ryan tried to hang Jackson in the pouch from a doorknob in the late hours of the night. I completely refused and insisted he give him to me. He was saved- let's just hope I stay sane through the colic phase on round 4. Also, I might add:
1. I do let him cry.2. Yes, I swaddle. 3. Yes, I am calmer. 4. Yes, I breastfeed. 5. Yes, colic is a true condition in my book. Come over if you don't believe me.
15 comments:
Do you just want to fly away with your new butterfly header?, which is dang cute I might add! Wow, I am amazed you kept going to 4. When Shane was mildly fussy and high maintenance, Gav and I both said it would be a while until we even considered a #3.
THank goodness it will pass, eh!
I hear ya with the colic stuff. Luckily only James was colicky and even that was enough to make me only want two kids! I remember Ryan walking Emma around outside to give you a break, even then she wailed her cute little head off :)
I am cracking up with this post because I was just talking about you at a party last Thursday about how you had 3 criers and you fourth was the charm. Jacks let me down! :) I was only around to see Emma and her glory. You are the best mom in the world for loving a kid through that. Its definately NOT you with the problem. Ship him over here and I'll hold your screaming babies any day for you. (but only for a day - I'm too weak to take too much more than that!)
Oh my goodness, you are the blogging queen! Your run circles around me and you are much faster too! I know you did Angela's blog, because it looks like your amazing creativity and eye for design. You sling post is hilarious and thanks for letting me borrow yours. I tried it yesterday and it took Logan 2 seconds to calm down and fall asleep. AWESOME! Hopefully I am past the crying stage but I am not holding my breath. It will pass soon for Jacks. He just wants to be held by his mama because she's so cool. have a fantabulous day. Amy
Oh Lacey- I feel your pain! Lincoln cried nonstop for the first five months of his life- I seriously thought I had given birth to the spawn of Satan!! I am truely amazed that you are on #4- I'm considering stopping at one. I was so scared about using the sling with Lincoln (I read too many books) but now that I look back on it, I wish I had- I think it would have saved me a lot of headaches. When it gets tough just look at your three other beautiful children and realize that they turn out ok in the end, even if they are a little crazy in the beginning!
I believe....
Oh gosh I'm so sorry, but the way you write about it makes me laugh. I guess you have to laugh or you might cry. I'm not going to give you any advice, well because I don't have any and I hate it when people give me advice, because....Hello, as Mom's we try everything-right! So sorry I hope it gets better soon.
Say it isn't so. At vacation we were talking about how glad we were that Jacks was such a good baby. OOPS! I love the new look of your blog. I really do like a more simple look. It's easier on the eyes. Not that I didn't love your last one. The butterflies are adorable. Wish we could see you guys. I'd love a picture of the 3 baby boys so young for posterity. But such is our state of life. One day it will be easier to see each other...maybe.
Oh, that's going to be my life in 3 months! I've had three pouch babies, too! I feel your pain! (esp. the shoulder/back pain from the pouch!)- Kristine
Lay- I LOVE the pix! Emma looks a little crazy :)! I cannot believe your husband and the door knob! Does he not know yet his ideas are NOT good? If I were there I would pouch that cute baby for you! My belly might get in the way though.... love you!
All your children are darling. I wish I was there to pouch your baby.:)
I believe you Lacey. I only think you are partially nuts. :)
I love the pouch that you sent me! It's great that you have pictures of the kids all at about the same stage in life- hand in there girl I would take a turn if I lived closer...
lacey i am so sorry. that has got to be so hard. i only had that once and never wanted to have another one with it. you are an amazing mom. i am so glad you got a special treat from someone, what a great friend. those kind of things always brings a smile to your face. so so so sorry about losing your friday helper. they help in the most crazy of days. here's hoping you find another helper sooner rather than later ;)
Hi my name is Kriste I am Tiffany's friend. So I was reading about the colic issue and it reminded me that a friend of mine took her 3rd coliky baby to a chiropractor and that seemed to put an end to the colic. Who knows maybe it would work for yours too. Good luck!
Post a Comment