Before school got out last spring, I was mildly thinking since I have been unhappy with our base school, that maybe I could homeschool. Then Summer hit full throttle. Trying to keep up with Summer workbooks and kids not wanting to do them was... trying. The last 2 weeks of Summer were full of "bored" phrases by my kids. School getting back in really was a happy day. Even for them.
Tanner had Cub Scout Day Camp for 3 days (which Ryan and I each went and chaperoned on different days), week long golf camp, he was able to go to the youth center and check himself into play or hang out with friends. There was a sno-cone stand he and a friend thought up, and I shaved ice on demand. He went on 2 field trips with the youth center, one to a ropes course and one to the big water park in Boise- which I am just not capable of managing with all them by myself.
The sprinklers from the communal grass behind us were played in almost daily. I sent them out to play in dry clothes and they came home wet. I learned to just put swimsuits on them. We had playdates, bike rides, and lots of popsicles. My water park was still a hit.
We went to the zoo and splash park in Boise. We went to our favorite Boise pool that has a great toddler pool. We had a day of horseback riding lessons.
We saw my sisters Summer and Melissa and their kids and Julie and Maddie when they all came to visit my mom. We saw Paul and Dee for the day. We saw Stephanie and kids in California when we visited for the wedding. We traveled down to Alpine, Utah for a super fast trip to stay at Kristi and Todd's and reunion with Ang & Jed- all our old Kentucky crowd. 2 years has gone by and still we miss our life there. My kids think our Kentucky crowd are cousins.
The Summer was full and busy. I loved having Ryan come home every day- I watched the clock. His energy was ready to play with them, when mine was long gone.
(I'm still cubmaster.)
At the zoo:
Black feet, sandy hair, skinned knees, sno cone stains, and sunburns. All deserved bath time every night. And I know, because everyone says so, that I will miss these days. I will miss them all home under my feet and all the messes they make. But I really liked them all tucked in to sleep everynight too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment