.

9/05/2007

Happy Bithday Landon

I'm about gone, but wanted to make sure I posted something for him. How can I adequately express how grateful I was that he came easy for us? Almost unexpectedly and after a 4 year gap between Tanner and Emma, Landon arrived about 17 months behind her. While I was pregnant with him I had a pretty distinct impression that he was a boy and have not been surprised by his "softer" quality. How can I explain it. Yes he does cry and whine (a lot) but, there is a gentleness about him that is dear to my heart. He uses his pointer fingers, was my first real and timely crawler, has the growls of a little boy, is easily startled, needs little sleep, loved nursing (okay he is still nursing, I'm working on it), and at times still holds his legs and feet all wrapped up just like I imagined him inside.

He arrived almost 4 weeks early. My mom came into town in perfect time ( I cannot sing her praises enough) to help with the kids and when THE DAY came Ryan did not really think I was in labor, even at the hospital he stressed to me to not be "disappointed when they send you home". His highly sensitive physician bed-side manner was ever present (I wanted to whack him with the book he was reading). Yet, Landon did come, just 4 short hours later after being admitted. Ryan says he remembers being "exhausted" ( I think it was from his residency work hours?) But I remember seeing Ryan cry with me as we both realized he looked so much like Tanner, but with dark hair. He weighed in at a hefty 9 pounds 3 ounces and pretty immediately it became apparent that he had some sugar tolerance issues. He stayed in the NICU for 13 long days and I have never wanted anything more than to just bring him home. Although it was an exhausting time, we still had my mom here. My mother-in-law and sister Summer and dear friend Stephanie each said, if you need me I will be on a plane RIGHT NOW and family called all the time to check on us. How much every single gesture meant to me from near and far. Landon came to a home that greatly appreciated him and to the arrival of some of the very best family and friends I could not have hand picked better. May he always know it! May he always, always know how loved he is.



12 comments:

Melissa and Chad said...

Lacey you amaze me! I cry as I read your tnder words. How much greater I can appreicate motherhood and all of it's joy. I cannot believe he is turning 1! How lucky OUR family is to have sweet Landon. Happy Birthday! We love you!

Melissa and Chad said...

ps- you ALWAYS pick the best songs for slide shows!

Carla said...

Landon is really so beautiful! (I know that's not a masculine word but he just is completely beautiful) I think you need to bring him to Bakersfield so we can all meet him!

Cory or Cari said...

I've come to a conclusion. You must have more than 24 hours in your day. How you could put together that heart warming montage while packing for a trip, preparing Ryan for his duties, and doing all the other "Mommy" things is beyond me. I love you and your beautiful family. Happy Birthday Landon!

Gavin and Shawna said...

That slideshow was wicked...I'm glad its too early to have makeup done! I have never met your seet children, but what a sweet little face. You are an inspiration as a mom and friend. So stinkin' cute!!

Lisa said...

Hi Lacey,

First I was so happy for you when you were able to spend time with your Mom and sisters. What a memorable experience that will be. I would like to start that one day with my family. My sister does that with her highschool friends. They rotate the location. Last year they had it in Utah at my sisters home.(Her husband was gone that weekend)
I too enjoyed your thoughts on Landon and the joy that he has brought to your life personally and your family. I also think that he is a minature version of Tanner. Both have beautiful features! Hope you have a safe and wonderful trip.

Monica said...

That was beautiful Lacey. You are such a god mom!!

Reeses Pieces said...

Lacey your video was so cute. Your kids definitely look like both you and Ryan but they for sure all have your beautiful eyes. Have fun in Cali. I'm sure you'll make wonderful memories. I too get to see my Mom and sisters next month. I can't wait. There's just something about sisters. Have a good time.

Mrs. Schmalison said...

Its strange to think we had our babies on the same day. He is a cute kid. You guys should come back and visit.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite songs - "Ordinary Miracle", each child is their own miracle in themselves. It is amazing to think how blessed we are to have these little miracles in our lives.I love the fact that we both finally have dark haired babies after our 2 little blondies! I love you and all the Wild Williams!

Jess said...

What a sweet tribute to your little Landon! I loved the slide show! Have fun in CA!!!

Mandee said...

I loved that!