.

9/18/2007

Today a series of events occurred that made me happy:

I picked Emma up this morning and she told me distinctly, " I love you". For the first time. She repeated it to Ryan and we both could not help but smile at her. What words are ever worth more than that? Tanner was at school, it would have been perfect if he were here to have heard it with us.

Landon is not walking yet. But trying. He was pushing around a little wood cart that has 4 wheels and was so excited at himself. He was yelling for us to watch him. Tanner began to cheer for him. "Go little Chubbas!" How could I ever miss this?

I got the opportunity to help someone out in a very minor way today. As I was leaving their home, their sweet little 8ish boy says to me, "Thank you! You really didn't have to. You outdid yourself." What do you say to that? I wanted to say, "Can I do it again everyday for the next week? Just to hear your innocent gratitude and see your sweet little face." I left with such a warm feeling.

Tonight was "Restaurant Night" at our house. Translation: Left-over night. I set the assortment out in as appetizing as a way as I can and then each gets a plate and picks. Like a buffet. (Did I say I am not a fan of leftovers?) As we are eating dinner Ryan asks Tanner what he's going to pay me? (I'm the chef at the restaurant and need to be paid). Tanner says he has no money to pay me and Ryan says that he will have to wash all the dishes then. Tanner started instantly crying. If this were the least of things he cried about throughout his life I would be a happy mom forever.

10 comments:

Diane said...

Lacey, Lacey--How could anyone that knows you, has you in their life and or reads your blog not love you and say--more please!
The world would be a better place with more Lacey's in the world--that's for real.

Melissa and Chad said...

Seriously, I'm crying now! I love your little family and can see each of those little events unfolding in my mind. I only wish I lived closer to witness it all in person. Your "little" acts of service truly feed your spirit Lacey and now I know why you are ALWAYS spreading yourself thin to serve! You inspire me truly, Ilm soooo lucky to have you!

Anonymous said...

Your little acts of service not only inspire and feed those directly involved, they inspire and feed those far away from you, who watch in awe. I was fortunate to be on the receiving end time and time again and oh how I miss my best friend Lacey! Your example is felt in my heart and home all these miles away.

Cheryl said...

I love that you picked the sweet and simple moments and said that they made you happy. It's times like these that makes our job as mom and friend the best in the world. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to make sure I find joy in the small today.

Reeses Pieces said...

That is a great idea to do with leftovers. We might have to start a "Restaurant Night" at our house.

Heather said...

I just need to respond since I am the recipient of the VERY BIG act of service mentioned. I know that often when we serve, we are truly glad to do it and it doesn't seem like a huge deal. However, it seems it is even harder accept service. Each time I have been on the receiving end of such sweet service, I feel overhwelmed with the joy of true charity. And now, because of Lacey--my family knows that sweet feeling too. Your offer to help was totally inspired-you offered before even I knew what a "mess" I was in. And it truly has made all the difference. It's so hard to earnestly complain when the blessings of true friends and the Lord are so evident. I'm so grateful to count you as a friend! You are loved!

Heidi and Rich said...

I love the idea of restaurant night!! We will have to try it!!

Melissa and Chad said...

I have read your latest blg several times, I can't help myself!

Tiffany said...

In our house "restaurant night" is called "mom's buffet" -- I like the payment part though. I'll have to use that one.
I think you make the world a better place everywhere you go Lacey! You always leave me smiling after I've talked to
you :-)!

Stephanie said...

HAHA I love your little family. It is the cutest.

I wish you lived closer.