.

10/18/2007

A Form of Communication

(Let me try this again.. dang Blogger)



I mentioned in a previous post that Landon has some crazy signing skills. I bet the Jones 2nd cousins would be impressed. And yes, he is hitting his face. But it sure doesn't slow his speed. Emma is the background chatter.

Translation anyone?

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

I couldn't get the video to play, but I'm not good at figuring out computers. Even still, I am laughing at the thought of this cute little boy signing and hitting himself in the eye. What a cutie!

I'll have to check back with it later to see if I can get it to run.

Anonymous said...

Umm, What is he signing? He looks soo intense in what he is doing, but if you know what he wants I think that it is awesome.

Melissa and Chad said...

Uh...that is not any sign I have seen on the video! :) Does he know any of them or is that it? I love Emma in the background singing every fifth word! Classic!

Jess said...

That is exactly what Chase would do at the beginning of every signing time. The lady signs the song that she is singing, and it is pretty fast. I think that he is trying to copy her the best that he can! Chase would do that if he wanted to watch it...I always knew that meant "signing time"

Diane said...

What's wrong with you people--I can understand him perfectly. He's telling you he wants to visit his Grandma in Eagle, Idaho who misses him so much. So when did you say you might be moving closer again? Did I tell you that having your children scattered all over kingdom come is the worst. I miss you all so much can you see the tear running down my cheek? :(

Kate Nelson said...

So, I tried to teach Ella 6 signs (no movies just me) and she would only do two ('all done' and 'more'). I was satisfied because all I really wanted to know is if she was crying because she wanted more to eat or because she wanted down. Months later, out of the blue, she signed one more. That is when I first discovered that she had a stubborn side. Signing is so wonderful. I, too, am curious what he is signing. It really doesn't matter because he is so cute doing it.

Cheryl said...

So cute! (And your Mom's translations is the best!) He is a doll and has some serious skills. I'll have to look into that for my little ones.

Thanks for sharing!

Aprilyn said...

He was signing "sign". We watch Signing Time at our house too. I am Kathryn Grubbs' cousin. (Ok so really her hubby's cousin.)

Oh, and the best way to get your little ones to learn to sign is to watch Baby Signing Time. My son learned more signs from those 2 DVDs than all the other Singing Time because he wouldn't sit still for the others. Is Signing Time on TV in Kentucky?

Stephanie said...

I think he is telling you that he wants to be a boxer! HAHA!

Cory or Cari said...

That is soo funny. I love how he was hitting himself and didn't mind much. Looks like he is doing the "roll it" part of the patty cake song.....

Cory