.

3/10/2008

LOST


Please return the ONLY set of car keys we have for Ryan's camry. He realized this morning at 7 that he could not find them and upon frantic searching I told him to take my car so he wouldn't be late. He asked me to "look for them please." I have torn apart this entire home. Cleaned as I have gone and finshed 4 large loads of laundry thinking they might be inside a stray pocket. I've asked Emma if she has seen them twice and she tells me they are "in the door" pointing to the nice Pottery Barn Keybox I bought for our home 8 years ago because this key losing situtation was far too regular. I checked in with Ryan at noon and told him I've looked everywhere (and I am house-stuck for the 4th day in a row) and he says....."I think I remember having them in my pocket when I was out in the snow on Saturday. We should look outside." Why didn't you call me earlier I asked? So....I'm offering a reward for their return so I don't have to share my car and continue this madness of pointless searching. Reward: My husband will mow your yard (front and back) all Summer long. I'm desperate.


Update: Found.
I mentioned to Ryan all the places I had looked & that I told the neighborhood kids I would pay whomever found them outside five bucks. I told Ryan maybe he should re-trace his footsteps exactly "starting from the car. I looked out there, by the shovels, and your tools, but not under the car." Guess what? They were under the car. Ryan says he wants his finders reward of five bucks. I told him I'm running away from him tonight at 8:30 to be by myself (somewhere that they have carmel hot chocolate to pay myself the finders fee.)

15 comments:

Gavin and Shawna said...

I found them...they're here in TX...I'm so stoked on the yard mowing!!
Ok- obviously I wish it were true...sorry they're misplaced!

Lisa said...

Lacey- never a dull moment in your household. I understand about the keys. Seth through some of our keys away when we lived in NJ. I really hope you find them!

That igloo is amazing and even more amazing that Ryan felt the need to spend time with his children after a long shift!

Lisa said...

Lacey- never a dull moment in your household. I understand about the keys. Seth through some of our keys away when we lived in NJ. I really hope you find them!

That igloo is amazing and even more amazing that Ryan felt the need to spend time with his children after a long shift!

Michele said...

Lacey- Can't wait to see you this summer and your new baby boy. I sympathize with the lost keys, when we moved I lost everything, including my keys (which were later found) and my social security card (which was not found- scary and kind of a pain to replace). Glad all worked out in your case. Good luck with your full house, as always- I am in awe!
P.S.- I went to playgroup for our new ward here in Clovis (Orchard View) and was talking to a nice girl- turns out her husband is Ryan's cousin, talk about a small world! Now if I could only remember her name!

Reeses Pieces said...

That is so funny. I love the comment about running away. I'm kind of having that same kind of day. Don't you just love Monday's? Good luck with the rest of your evening.

Vicki said...

Hope you had a good night out. Let me know of your next escape and I'll join you.

Jones Family said...

Lacey I love all your postings, very entertaining--and makes me smile. I can always count on you and Jessie for new postings. :)

Jane said...

Wow! I'm glad you found the keys. Hope you had an enjoyable evening :).

Kristi said...

You are DARLING. How about we have a girls night ASAP and Ryan can treat all of us for your finders fee?

Jess said...

Haha! You guys are HILARIOUS!

jamie said...

oh, I'm liking the GNO idea. Can I join?! :) Congrats on finding your keys. Abe "lost" the keys to our ford one time. The replacement key would have cost us $300 (ouch!) so we spend three days searching everywhere for them. Guess where they were...right where we always put them, just hidden underneath an envelope! We sure did pray a lot for those three days. Maybe I need to lose my keys more often.

Noelle said...

I'm glad you found your keys. I'm often guilty of losing my keys, and I hate that feeling. I thought about buying you a new car in exchange for mowing my yard all summer.

Anonymous said...

Poor Lacey! Just one more thing for you to deal with! I am glad that you found them-

Cheryl said...

I was having a near panic attack as I read this post. My girls are queens of finding keys and stashing them in places you really might never find. Rich found his yesterday stuffed in the bottom of an Estee Lauder makeup bag I got as a free gift. Scary.

I was SO relieved when I got to the bottom and you had updated that they were found. Of course they were right under your nose, I mean car.

Too bad someone won't benefit from that hefty reward. (Sigh of relief for you!) You might not have seen your hubby from May until August!

Hope you DO get to escape for a few minutes for some alone time. I think we all need little breaks to keep our sanity!!

natalie said...

Lacey, thank you a million times over for the cute blog page and header. You are so talented and yo could totally charge. I have had so many comments on my page and if you are okay with it I would love to tell people who would want you to do it for them (for a price)your e-mail address. I also understand however, if you have absolutely no desire, time or energy to do it. When I am pregnant I would be fine watching paint dry, especially at the end. Your key situation is one I know of. Why is it they are never where you left them. I swear the really do get up and walk away. Your little girl is so cute and I think she totally has your big, pretty eyes. Thanks again, I love it so much and will never take credit for it. Love Ya-Natalie