.

4/07/2008

I'm getting so excited!

First, I must say that I have been blessed with dear girlfriends at each different transition in our journey of continual moves. That said, I love my friend Stephanie that let me back out on a girls retreat so that I could surprise Ryan and take him away instead. It was a hard choice to make- but, Ryan and I are coming up on 9 years and we have gotten away once- when Tanner was 6 months old. I will not count each time I have been recovering in Labor & Delivery and he sleeps on the fold-out as a "getaway", sorry. And with #4 around the corner, Steph understood. And that is why I love her.

So, Ryan's mom is coming this Wednesday. I all but kept it a surprise until Ryan tried to pick up some moonlighting shifts and so I had to tell. But, I held it in for a while. We're getting away just for the night to Nashville but will be gone for 2 full days. Alone- without the kids. Is that enough time to miss them?

She'll be here to help with a birthday party this weekend and we will have her here for her Birthday as well- on Sunday. She leaves Monday, which I sense will be a really sad, sad day further proving we live to far from family as always. Curse the residency phase, okay, and maybe the Air Force phase as well.

I had Ryan home for Conference Weekend. BOTH days. He was here to witness Emma knock over my favorite floor lamp, which shattered into a million pieces and took an hour to clean up and dinged up my new table a bit. This was in the midst of the Sunday Morning session. Oh the reverence.

He's working today (I should clarify, he's on his two week block of official vacation from residency shifts, but that gives him the opportunity to pick up some urgent care shifts that can pay a pretty penny in our book of poverty). Tanner's first day of Spring Break- which has felt like a little boy fest from park to our backyard. Unfortunately, he was also not here to have witnessed Landon throwing my only good house phone into a sink of water. Don't think it's gonna make it through. Forgive me if my phone just rings and rings...

ps- Tanner asked if I was as good as a "strong guy"? For certain I said, just am not that good at bending over right now with my tummy.

pss- Sorry for myself
Mandee G. that I won't meet you- but I know that I would have loved you.

12 comments:

Mandee said...

I'm sad that I won't get to meet you either, but I understand how a trip away with Ryan trumps our girls retreat. Next year! Have so much fun in Nashville. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Jess said...

Yay!!! How exciting! I think I need a night away with my hubby too! Let us know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry - this is just the 1st of MANY! You will be missed, but we understand.

Love - Stephanie

Camille said...

so glad that you get some time away, you will love it, especially before #4 gets here ;D you are an amazing mom, and it sounds just like my house...never a dull moment, and oh the phones!! seriously, maybe there was a reason the phone on the cord always worked :)

Holly said...

I am so thrilled for you Lacey! Enjoy every minute!

Jocelyn said...

Lucky Girl! I dont think Oscar and I have been anywhere alone since our honeymoon in Los Angeles (exotic I know!). Thats pretty sad huh? Have tons of fun for me too!

traci said...

Please eat at the Loveless Cafe for me. We haven't made it there the last few times we went down to TN. Okay, don't do anything for me...well have a good time for me. Thanks for helping and ALL that you did on Monday. I couldn't have made it through that crazy day without you. It made my boys' spring break that much better.

Marla said...

Have the BEST 2 days ever Lacey. You both deserve it!

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

have a wonderful time.. i hope you come back rejuvenated (i think i spelled that wrong..)
Living away from family is hard, sometimes I get sad if I think about it too long... I've been away for 13 years now. I hope someday you look back with happy memories of this place, and that you end up close to all of your loved ones.
Enjoy yourself this weekend.. you deserve it!!!

Down in the Sun said...

This is Diana. I found your blog through Amy and thought I would say hi. Your family is so cute! Just wanted to say hi and that I think your blog is great!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pictures from the party- I know that you put together a great bash!! Also am super jealous that you got to get away together-

Jeffrey and Monica said...

Have a great time! you deserve to have a get away so enjoy every moment!