Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. ~Jane Howard
My cousin Sara is so good-hearted. And I benefited from that heart of hers. She traveled from her home with her 2 year old daughter, observant Ava, to go help a friend in need and then made sure to drive onward to visit me. We caught up 10 years worth. Almost. She helped bounce the baby, tolerated the selfish tendencies of my kids, and let me talk her ear off til past midnight. She'll have to come back again (I'll have cafine-free, diet mtn dew Sara), or maybe I will have to go see her when her new baby girl comes in December.
(holding Jackson with her cute baby bump & note how Ava is always "watching" in the next pictures- so cute. I hope she did not pick up any bad habits.)



ps- It's a small world. I went to visit Sara in Provo during the college years and stayed in her roomate's room- who was out of town. That roommate and my Ryan dated. Sara knew him before I did. Let's just say she has some dirt on him.
14 comments:
Oh my gosh! I know you just had a baby...but you don't look it! That is the prettiest picture of you I have ever seen! Thank you again for being you. When I want to be happier I just think "I just need to be more like lacey" because you are so sweet and so giving. I love our friendship so much! And I love that we can talk about any and everything. You are an awesome friend, mom, vt, wife, and the list goes on and on.
I was just about to comment on how AWESOME you look - but Amy beat me to it! Wow, what a beautiful mom of 4 munchkins - Ryan do you know how lucky you are!?!
Well the consensus has it, you look great! I too thought that on my own, but wasn't the first. I'm so glad things are looking up. God knows when we're at our breaking points and may just send a little Girpe Water to save us. Here's to moder medicine.
Oh I wish I could have come too! Sara said that she had so much fun! No Fair:) And yes, you look Fabulous!
OK, I spelled "Gripe" wrong.
Lacey what a fun Post. You do look fabulous. You are the one who is a sweetie. I had such a great time at your house. you are a good sport to have company when your baby is only 9 wks old. I admire you as a mom, a wife, and a person. Your house was so welcoming, and I love your kids. My visit with you will stay with me for a long time. I hope I get to see you again while you still live relatively close ( maybe I'll attempt the 7 hour drive next time)
Lacey- You DO look so pretty. And I am totally jealous again that I wasn't the one to have visited!! I am glad that you had such a good time catching up with Sara, but don't rub it in too much.
I thought the same as everyone else. You look stunning. You get prettier and prettier. I love your beautiful pictures of my beautiful grandchildren. I miss them so much. We hope to be there in the next couple of months. I miss you and Ryan too. Love you all so much.
I love having familiar faces around even if it's only for a short time. That's so funny that her roomate dated Ryan. Crazy small world we live in!
Ya lacey- you should be the one modeling for Heather Bailey!!!! My goodness! I always knew Ryan would marry an absolutely beautiful girl! But you have it all- not just the looks! and even after 4 kids! wow!!
Lacey the new look on your blog is beautiful and I do think you should rub it in to your sisters on how much fun we had. I know I have have been rubbing it in to my sisters......hee hee
Isn't it so fun to have family around. By the way, you look GORGEOUS in that photo of the two of you....
Love the pictures. Your right Ava is totally checking out your baby. It looks like you had so much fun and the late night hours--well lets just say we all know who the night owl is.:)
so cute. you look fabulous! how fun for you guys.
Post a Comment