.

10/07/2008

Bits of Good Stuff

1. Seeing my biological Dad, Paul, and his new wife, Dee. Too much time has passed... so good to see them and have my children meet them. My heart was tender.



2. Trying my hardest to listen through the bits of General Conference that I could. Ryan was able to attend Priesthood Session this time and I felt what he was taught. He came home and hugged me and told me he loved me. Really good stuff.

3. Seeing one of my Halloween "Supers" in early action. "Spidey" the two-year-old is.

His Dad says, "If they are all "Supers" than I must be too. What about this:"




This costs about 400 dollars. It's good not to be frivolous I tell him.

4. And even better good stuff. My oldest sister is coming. This weekend. With her new baby. And I can't hardly wait. I'm dragging her red-headed self to the largest Civil War Reenactment in the country. (She says, " You mean, like Sweet Home Alabama?" Heck yes!)

5. And no matter what, even if San Antonio puts the doctor on a wait list for it's allergy program, I know we will be fine. Maybe nearer to family then? Maybe Idaho, maybe California? The doctor will have a job and will be able to take care of us- that's good stuff for certain. Thank you United States Air Force.

8 comments:

Mandee said...

Zion isn't an option?

Carla said...

California! California! If you come to California, I'll kiss you and tell you I love you! And, I'll watch your kids a few times a month so you can go have fun and I'll love it! Oh by the way, I'm having the most difficult time not pulling out the oil burner, and the awesome door jingle bells, and the pretty ornaments that I got from your PIF last year... I'm forcing myself to wait until November at least.

Marla said...

I went to Civil War reenactments when I was in Mississippi...I literally lived right behind a major battlefield. It is kindof hillarious stuff because the people are SOOOOOO into it..."My momma and daddy met doin' this 40 years ago and I met my wife..."

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you on Friday!! And my two older kids are so bugged that they can't go to the 'war play thing' :)

Reeses Pieces said...

I'm like your sister, my first thought was Sweet Home Alabama. Too bad the hot guys in the movie wouldn't be there to perform in it. I can't wait to find out where the AF takes you. How exciting and stressful.

Camille said...

what a great post! i am sure you will have a blast with summer. how fun and i would love to live a piece of sweet home alabama! that is awesome. tell her hi for me ;)

Cheryl said...

Such good bits of stuff. Life really is full of them, if you are willing to look (and sometimes SEARCH!).

So wishing I could have seen you today. Too bad I didn't add your cell phone number to mine, otherwise I would have called you. I was driving down and realized it when I looked up your number and found it missing. Darn.

We got to Perryville around 1:15 PM and sat on the opposite of the crowds. Yes, technically we weren't suppposed to be there, but the guy I talked to laughed and told me to go ahead. So if you saw a crazy woman charging through that SERIOUSLY DENSE GRASS on the battfield pushing her loaded down double stroller, followed by 3 medium size fellas. Yup. It was me.

I'll call you tomorrow and see what you thought. We had a blast.

Looking forward to chatting...

Don and Sue said...

You all look like you had so much fun with your dad and his wife. Landon is going to be the cutest spiderman. We are getting so excited about our trip out there.we love and miss all of you so very much