.

10/01/2008

S=Squirrel Day= Playgroup Day

I'm in a playgroup exchange with 6 other LDS moms this year--- all such great real moms. It was my turn up to host- S Day it was.

There were flying squirrels:

Find the squirrel with the walnut game:

The "Girls Only" room:

"Boys Only" room:
We went on a hunt as squirrels in the yard to find the nuts I placed, had some lunch, and then said goodbye to our friends. It was "quiet (let mom recover) time" in the afternoon at our house. I'm grateful that I can be home with my kids for these sort of exhausting days. :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I called you said you were doing a play group - liar! You were doing a full on day of preschool and organized activities! I want to live by you again and join your 'club'

Jen said...

Eva had such a fun time! I know what you mean about an afternoon of recovery. Thanks for the fun treat bags. What great ideas!

Vicki said...

You did too much. Everything was too cute. Thanks for hosting today, and seeing Molly's "true" personality. Oh Molly.

Carla said...

Okay, your home is GORGEOUS! Every place you move, you just add Lacey touches and make it super beautiful!

traci said...

I know it was a hit because I had to play the find the nut game many times for the rest of the day. You say your house is small, but having a boys only room and a girls only room right next to each other is perfect for playgroup!!! You did such cute things.

Brett said...

You did a great job! Rylan played with his squirrel airplane and made us play the nut game all day...he also loved "feeding the squirrels" with his nuts. We're so glad you're in the play group this year! - Kristine

Lisa said...

Hi Lacey-
I bet everyone looks forward to having playgroup at your fun and beautiful home each time. I was the playgroup leader in our ward for a year, and recently had to pass on getting together with everyone. Lauren has a very short day for kindergarten and it now interferes with picking her up. It was lots of fun. Thanks for sharing.

Angela said...

You are seriously "out of control". What a fun day for all those kids involved. Your idea turned out perfect!

Joe & Jill said...

Hey Lacey its Jill Mom and Dad! What a fun playgroup idea!Your kids look soooooo cute! I love their halloween get up! Its way cute! We miss and love you!!

Amy said...

You are so cute. You always put in 110% in all you do. You deserve a little quiet time after a big production.