.

11/13/2008

The final visitors

Cincinnatti, Newport Aquarium

Ryan's parents have come and gone now. They met their newest grandchild, number 16, Jackson. We hit the Zoo and Newport Aquarium and climbed a rock wall at Dick's. We took Ryan out for his birthday dinner and played corn hole with the neighbor. The kids took advantage of their grandparents incredible levels of patiences. The next visit will be to help us move, a move somewhat dreaded but hopeful that it will place us nearer to family.

I enjoyed the time to catch up and talk with them. I laughed when they told me they left a car for a week somewhere and when they realized a week later that it was not in the driveway, they thought it was stollen. Oh, the panic! And then the realization that the car had not been stollen, just left. And forgotten. (I think there is a genetic gene for forgetfulness.) We talked about all Ryan's siblings and they asked about mine. We talked about there work with Prop 8 and read the current news and felt sad. We talked about Ryan's brother serving in Brazil. Football was watched and kids were rocked. We had hot chocolate almost everynight and Family Home Evening together on Charity. I watched my father-in-law put air in Ryan's truck tire because it was low and because I know he loves him and wants him to be safe. I watched my mother-in-law read and read and read with Tanner, because he struggles with reading and she loves him. The sweet time spent together we always love.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hi!

It was so good to see you a couple weeks ago. Thank you for taking the time to chat with me- you are so kind!

IF IF and IF you have time, can you remove our last name from our blog? We would really love to ask everyone in the blogging world for help with our adoption.

Thank you... you are great!

Take care!

Cory or Cari said...

Hooray for visitors! and helpful ones at that. I don't know where they get the energy, but our kids have some wonderful grandparents. Wish we could see you guys,too.