Brooklyn
Our house had a bout of strep/strep-like symptoms last week for 2 of my kids. But I was ready for the "T" day and so hosted this past week in place. I rounded up a helper (thank you dear friend!)- she was seriously abused. Turkey Blessing Mix for the snack and Turkey hats and Pizza for lunch. I kept the mom's over for soup. Don't you love good moms and good mom talk?
Speaking of mom talk. I know us moms wish we could add more moms/kids into the mix. But 7 toddlers plus the sibblings of the host adds up to a lot of "organized" chaos. I know I can speak for all of us moms and say there is no intention of exclusion. Really.
By the afternoon, and after the last friends left, I turned on a show. Landon asked me for pumpkin bread, I handed it to him, picked something up, turned around and found him sound asleep. Not a bite gone- the sweetest part of the day captured with my camera. :)
5 comments:
Happy thanksgiving!!!! I love that picture of our sleeping angel. Hope you guys have a great day. Love you all so very much!!!!
I love hosting parties but at the same time hate it. I totally know where you're coming from when it comes to being the invitee. Yikes! Glad you had a good Mommy day!
Thank you!!!!
Hey, I found your blog through Jo's. What cute kids you have. I love seeing your sleeping baby every Sunday. Also Ryan is an excellent teacher!
Kara Bankhead
Thanks so much for having the playgroup! Rylan had so much fun. We are SO GRATEFUL for the soup and cheesebread you sent over. Brett was tired of making pancakes and pasta...it was so nice to have dinner already made! I'm sad I missed the "mom talk" - I'll have to catch up. - Kristine
Post a Comment