.

9/21/2007

How do you know when it is time to Autumnize?

When my "neighba lady" (Traci- no blogger girl) begins her craftiness. And I get to benefit from her. It's hanging on my wall right now. Let the festivities begin. (Is this pumpkin so cute or what?)


I could have a whole LONG post about this neighba lady. I called her from Bakersfield because "someone" during my phone networking (named Sister Waykild) said, "I think there is another LDS family on that same street that you bought your house on. Let me give you a number." And that was how I met Traci. I called asking if she would do a "drive-by" and check out this house that we had pretty much bought off the internet (what were we thinking?). Sure she said (probably thinking, "who does that?"). She asked for the address and then said, "Hey, I think that is the house RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET. Let me go look out my window!". It was an answer to my prayers. She confirmed that the house did exist and was not just a front, but truly dimensional and that we bought in a good location. Yes, I did cry a tear when I had that conversation with her (she was thinking again, "Who does that to a total stranger on the phone?").

And ever since, I now look out my window at her sweet home and am thankful that I have her in my life. She sees me at my best (7am outfit at the bus) and at my worst (7am outifit at the bus). And, I love her. And her taco soup. And her extensions too.

(Okay, and her Dad too. He interviewed Ryan years ago for a calling in San Diego. He owns KFC's and we loved him . And remembered him. And Traci was that "daughter" he was talking about that lived in far off land of Kentucky. It was our destiny to meet.)

11 comments:

Melissa and Chad said...

I wish Tracy lived across the street from me so that I too may benefit! What a darling pumpkin! You and all your networking...how many of them thought you were crazy? :)

traci said...

Thank you for my 15 minutes of fame. You, seriously, are the only person who could have given it to me because you see the positive in everyone and are very appreciative for even the little things (leftover soup in a Rubbermaid container that doesn't look too appetizing!). Thanks for ALWAYS being sweet and never commenting on my outfits at 7 am and for the nice words.

Anonymous said...

I think that you get such good stuff in life Lacey, because you always GIVE such GREAT stuff. I am so proud to have a sister that is in tune with the needs of others and is always the first in line to serve (With a smile) You are an inspiration-

Reeses Pieces said...

Wow, that was totally meant to be. What a kind lady. It's always nice to hear a neighbor is also LDS. It makes it that much easier to live there. Cute pumpkin. I think it's time to autumnize my house. You got me motivated.

Jocelyn said...

CUTE PUMPKIN! I love the little wood stem. I wish I had nice fun LDS members across my street...I just have crazy Dustin.

jamie said...

don't you worry, we are going to get that girl blogging. I just have to have a sit down with her and force to accept that fact that she's a blogger . What a beautiful tribute from one amazing lady to another! i'm lucky to call both of you friends.

Cheryl said...

I too second EVERYTHING you said about Traci! That's why I love her too! She just is the best! And she is so stinky crafy it makes me jealous, but then she shares and shares, so you love her even more. Love the pumpkin, you're one lucky girl!

And she does make great Taco Soup! Actually, everything she makes is very tasty!

I loved reading about your networking. So funny to know all the same people.

So happy Traci introduced you to me. What a lucky girl to know both of you!

Now we've got to convert her to blogging!

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

How cute!!! When did she begin this project? i must investigage :-) DITOO about Traci, all my best recipes EVER have come from her, plus she's pulled me out of alot of binds!- one of the best friends I've ever had...
love ya Trac-
Melissa

Tiffany said...

Don't we all love neighba' lady -- but then we love you too or we wouldn't care to read your blog! And thanks for the announcement that I can put up Fall stuff -- I'll do it tomorrow! Traci and I share a common addiction to candy corn -- do you like them, can't remember? Oh, and cute pumpkin!

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I don't know Traci - although I heard about her the day you asked her to check out your house. What I know is you are that neighba' lady to ALL as well!

That pumpkin sure is cute. I actually have been stocking up on Autumn decor and Halloween decor thanks to Cost Plus, 99 store, and Dollar Tree - in fact I bought the best wreath this afternoon at Tuesday Morning - it is beautiful with all the fall colors

CHERIE said...

I, too, have been the recipient of stuff made by a crafty friend. Mine didn't live across the street, but several blocks away. Half my holiday decor came from my old visiting teacher, Betty Duffel. She did't ever want to come in and visit, but she ALWAYS brought something to the door each month. And the things she made were super cute and greatly appreciated!