.

4/20/2008

Worth Mentioning

- I heard Tanner tell Emma to stop singing her song since she didn't know how to sing it right. Then he asked her, "Do you even know what you are singing?" She stopped and then just kept singing. Yes, he was annoyed.

- I think Landon has hit the terrible 2's a bit early- or maybe Ryan's vacation ruined him. He doesn't want much of me anymore. Just Ryan and Ryan and Ryan and maybe the Wii. Possibly that is due to his Allergy Visit. (next item)

- Landon has had rash reactions for over a year requiring adrenaline shots and steroids to stop the reaction. I took him to see a specialist where they grid his back and pricked his back 48 times. I had to hold him still. Maybe that is why he likes Ryan more than me? Anyhow, he has namely, Dermatographic Urticaria (Skin Writing disorder) that causes him to react more strongly to things that bother him. He is allergic to egg yolks, ragweed, grass, mold, pet stuff. Ryan feeds him fried eggs which went against my gut instinct (I mean who feeds a toddler that?) and the egg yolks have prompted his latest outbreaks. As for the the Skin Writing disorder- it is annoying and my Allergist said only 2-3% (readings say 4-5%) of the population have it.

- Partly due to the above item, I had to stay home from church because of runny noses or allergies and rashes.

- At my ultrasound last week they measured this baby at 75% instead of 50% meaning I have a big baby. I KNOW. So, that prompted her to want to see me every 2 weeks and watch my sugars again. I'm having braxton hicks frequently and at some point I just have to sit down. (like all the time) This is how it went with Landon. And he was 3 1/2 weeks early and my dates weren't off and he was 9.3. I think I feel a pattern repeating here. I won't make it to 38 weeks for sure. My placenta moved. So far I am okay for my 3rd vbac.

-Ryan built a playhouse under our swing set.. he thought it was more for Emma. She gets booted out a lot from the tramp and big boys. Well, once it was finished, the big boys moved in. I even overheard, "Ya, you should put a flower box on the window!"

- My mom is going to have more than a few grand baby's this year. I'm not announcing for anyone!

-Landon won't say "mommy" or "ma" or "mama" or even "mother" yet. I try so hard too! I hear "Daddy" during the dark hours of the night. It's my call I guess, since Ryan does not hear his name being lovingly yelled.

- Emma does not want to wear anything unless it is a dress.

8 comments:

Jess said...

What?? Who else is pregnant???

Lisa said...

Lacey-
Again, never a dull moment. Emma reminds me of Seth a little in the sense that he is outnumbered. Most of the time my girls include him. There are those times when he plays on his own.
I did not realize that Landon was 9.3! I'm sure it is a blessing that you go early. I hope everything goes well for you.

The Paske Family said...

3rd V-bac??? You are a brave woman. Ava was a breech baby so I had a scheduled C.......ummmmm so know I have a major fear of labor. Thinking about it makes me hypervenilate. I like that the boys took over the playhouse and that Emma only wants dresses.

Anonymous said...

I love to hear all the day to day happenings from your little family.

Cheryl said...

These are my favorite posts because you get to see what is really happening. Sorry about the allergies. That is no fun. There is a boy in our ward who came to church a few weeks ago and I thought he had burned his face, but his mom told me it was an allergic reaction. Those things can be scary.

Hope your baby arrives well before your dute date. Mainly for your comfort. When your near the end it's not much fun.

I loved the playhouse bit. Boys do tend to take up more space and "own" more places than the girls do. But flowerboxes in the playhouse do sound like a nice touch.

Have a great day!!

Jones Family said...

What a darling family you have--I love your updates. Poor Landon with the allergys. And I guess Emma is all girl.:) I'm so jealous that your mom is getting so many babies. I am still hoping for more.:)

KillmerFam said...

Hey Lacey & clan! Congrats on the new baby, I hope everything goes well. I just wanted to comment on Landon not saying mommy yet...Michael (who is the same age as Landon) FINALLY started saying "ma", but usually he calls me "da-da". I then remind him that I'm not "da-da" I'm "mommy"! Also, I think they're at the age now that they'd rather be with daddy anyway! Ron used to get upset when Michael was a baby and would cry when I'd leave the room, but now it's the opposite! Michael hates it when daddy goes to the other side of the room! Boys!

Holly said...

Kristina refused to wear anything but a dress until 3rd grade. Now the ONLY time i can get her in a dress or skirt is for church. Kids---they drive you crazy, but you cant help but love them . . .