.

10/17/2008

Please Help- THE Dancing with the Stars official contest

let me explain. I visit teach a girl, Amy Smith. She lives right around the corner from me.

History first. There were 3 of us dark-haired girls that moved into our ward at the same time and it seems I was always getting mistaken for one of them. Both beauties and a true compliment, Amy Smith and Angela. Someone in the ward even thought their mom was my mom when she visited. We've all been pregnant close together and even in my families desperate times, their husbands have BOTH come to sit with my kids when I needed to go to the hospital while pregnant with Jackson. Good people, and more importantly, good friends. Now, to the point of my need for help.


Amy Smith is talented. She just had her 3rd baby. Her husbands a busy guy. She's far from family and ticks on her own most the time. She has an amazing design sense. Like the real deal. How do I know?

Because the TV show, Dancing With The Stars, had a costume design contest. Amy entered. She mentioned it in a sort of blase way. Like "no big deal". BUT, her costume ensemble was picked as one of the Top 5 in the nation.

In order for her to win the top prize, she has to have her design voted for. Voting starts this Tuesday. Go Here for the home page of the show. As soon as her design is up, I will post a new link. Remember voting starts this Tuesday.

Amy makes me proud. And she's true. I asked her how she managed to design a modest costume and she says she used BYU ballroom dance standards. She's a previous BYU ballroom dancer and graduate, costume designer, and fantastic artist, but she's staying home to tend her babies. She takes care of her home. She loves her husband. And they all come first. Let's vote her first! And, In support of an LDS stay at home mama, please link this post on your blog so she can get as many votes as possible. It's not like she has a design firm to promote her ya know?

(do I sound like a campaign manager or what?)

I'll have an update for the voting site soon.

5 comments:

Colorado Oldroyds said...

I'm a huge fan of Dancing With the Stars and an even bigger fan of Amy. I still remember being the RS sec when you three beauties moved in and having to tell Nancy over and over who was who.:) I will definitely put something up on my blog soon to get the Colorado votes going for her.

Noelle said...

I am one of the people who has gotten you confused. It's weird because I know who each one of you are, but you all kind of have something in common.

Anyway, I love DWTS too. I'll be sure to vote for Amy's thing.

Reeses Pieces said...

I'm a total DWTS junky so I'll definitely vote. I've gotta keep my Mormon's in the spotlight, right?

Melissa and Chad said...

Lay- you should totally be her manager!

Anonymous said...

I am still waiting for the voting page- it still has the dancers :(